VELA GAMES IS LOOKING FOR A HIGHLY MOTIVATED AND TALENTED 3D ANIMATOR WHO WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR CREATING A DIVERSE VARIETY OF ANIMATIONS NEEDED TO BREATHE LIFE INTO OUR NEW WORLD USING CLASSIC ANIMATION PRINCIPLES
We’re looking for someone who wants to be part of the core foundation of Vela Games; someone who is passionate about being part of an early tight-knit team laser-focused on creating innovative game experiences, and a company, from the ground up. As a 3D Animator on the project, you will provide a diverse selection of game-related animation. You will have a strong foundation in the principles of animation, including weight, anticipation, timing, and impact. You love playing games as much as making games and will bring characters and their stories to life through your skills and creativity.
In fact, this person could be you! If it is, please reach out to us.
Vela Games is located in Dublin, Ireland. This is a full-time, permanent position and applicants must live or plan to live within commuting distance to the studio. We offer competitive salaries, benefits, and company equity to all team members.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Develop, maintain, and craft animations for real time game assets
- Collaborate with team members to create animation assets that bring to life the project’s game and visual design
- Create high quality animations for cutscenes and cinematics
- Work collaboratively with an enthusiastic team of artists, writers, engineers, and designers dedicated to crafting world-class games
Skills & Requirements
- Minimum 3+ years experience in game development animating characters using Maya or equivalent 3D program
- Extraordinary skill in animating the human bipedal figure as well as other organic forms.
- Strong knowledge of traditional animation principles and how they can be used to enhance gameplay
- Excellent communication skills: Ability to effectively collaborate with creative & technical team members
- Start-up orientation: Able to work creatively to solve problems as part of a small group
- Deep passion for multiplayer games and player experience
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine
- Experience on multiple shipped projects in AAA games or feature animation
- Experience on 3rd person action, RPG, or fighting games
- Experience in FX and particle animation
- Skill in one or more related disciplines – visual effects, rigging, or technical art
- Competitive Salary
- Company Ownership
- Relocation Assistance
- Flexible PTO
- Parental Leave
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
APPLY ON OUR SITE NOW: 3D Animator
About the Company
CREATING EPIC MULTIPLAYER EXPERIENCES THAT UNITE GAMERS THROUGH PLAY
Vela Games is an ambitious yet independent game development studio in Dublin, Ireland. Made up of industry veterans and passionate gamers from companies such as Riot Games, Electronic Arts, and Telltale Games, Vela is currently working in the early phases our first unannounced project in the multiplayer space.
At Vela we love games of every type, but we know that multiplayer, when done well, has a special ability to bring people together. Unforgettable moments are created through the power of playing together. It allows players to keep in touch with old friends regardless of distance, and to forge new friendships that will last lifetimes. Vela was created with these moments in mind, and our focus every day is thinking about how we can create impactful gaming experiences that inspire gamers around the world to play and win together.
Come join our early team in Dublin and help us create an iconic, original IP that reshapes the multiplayer gaming space! For more info, check out our site at: vela.games