We are currently looking for a FX Artist in realtime graphics to complete our artistic team and take part in the production of AAA success on mobile platform.
From the beginning of your adventure with us, you will be tasked with:
- Creating, and implementing real-time particle effects and animated shaders;
- Modeling, texturing, animating, lighting and optimizing FX assets under direction of the Lead Artist;
- Maintaining a consistent art style under the direction of the Lead Artist and the Art Director;
- Being willing to learn (and teach) new tools and techniques;
- Collaborating with designers, programmers and other members of the art team and working closely with the tools and engine depts.;
- Being meticulous and organized in approaching tasks, adhering to pipeline workflow.
Why Join the World of Gameloft?
- Because you want to be part of an exceptional experience within a company that is constantly growing!
- Because you want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers!
- Because you want to join a global company and meet great people around the world from all walks of life.
- Or, just because you’re looking for a great place to work!
What We Offer
- Benefits befitting a company of our size
- Vacation and personal days off
- Public transportation allowances (partial reimbursement of OPUS card)
- A storage room for 80 bikes
- Daily snacks
- A game room
- A rooftop terrace
Skills & Requirements
Experience and qualifications:
- Minimum a college diploma program in graphic arts or equivalent
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a similar position
- Experience on at least one AAA production as a FX Artist
- Knowledge of special-effect creation in a game engine (important)
- Solid technical abilities to aid in creating new visual–effect art pipelines
- Comfortable using scripting tools to trigger effects based on game events
- Able to conceptualize and animate very stylized natural and fantastical effects (environments, creatures, skills)
- Ability to accept feedback, and responds to criticism positively
- Experience in Photoshop or After Effects is preferred. Knowledge in Fume FX, Houdini and Substance tools for texture generation is a bonus
- Good problem-solving abilities
- Self-motivated with strong work ethic
- Video game enthusiast
- Demonstrate visual-effects abilities
- Open-minded and outward-looking
- Enthusiastic and ready to take on new challenges
And above all, motivation and a passion for your work!
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
In order for your application to be considered, you must submit a portfolio or other samples of your work (demos, images, animation, websites, etc.).Please make sure to provide us with the address of your website or portfolio.
About the Company
Leader in the development and publishing of mobile games, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms and with an audience of 140 million monthly users offers via Gameloft Advertising Solutions a unique level of visibility and involvement to advertisers. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®. Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs 6,000 people worldwide. Gameloft is a Vivendi company.
All trademarks referenced above are owned by their respective trademark owners.