We are looking for our Technical Artist for Substance Source! With a strong team spirit and a love for materials and tools, you will take care of the creation and maintenance of Substance filters and materials enablers for Substance softwares.
Candidate should be passionate and curious about materials and processes, keen to discover new industries and workflows in order to adapt to all kinds of users whether from Game, VFX, Architecture and Design.
As part of the Substance Content team you will be responsible to help Material artists to deliver new content to the platform by optimizing production tools and pipeline as well as maintaining existing content.
About the role :
- Create and maintain filters and Substance content enablers i.e. material process generators for digital material production cross usages and manufacture pipeline tools to process/package material in batches dedicated to Substance softwares users
- Assure optimization (computation time, dependencies handling, etc.) of created assets for both pre-render or real-time, CPU/GPU portability
- Work with developers, product designers, UX and QA experts in order to improve existing products based on your usage
- Be part of a team based at different locations (will to communicate by distance/maintain contact over a production)
Skills & Requirements
About you :
- Extensive experience with Allegorithmic Substance tools (Substance Designer, Substance Painter)
- Preliminary experience in Game, VFX or 3D related industry
- Sensible to both technical and artistic aspects
- Willing to design, create, review, iterate and maintain produced content
- High standards in creating high quality textures/materials
- Understanding of PBR rendering and materials
- Knowledgeable in 3D content creation
- Ability to follow concept/reference
- Capable to manage and organize work in order to complete tasks within production deadlines
- Ability to focus on details in order to favorize UX
- Open and responsive to guidance, review notes and constructive feedbacks
- Altruist (everyone is as important as you)
- Knowledge in photogrammetry/scan
- Familiarity with both game engines (UE4, Unity, etc.) and renderers (iRay, VRay, Arnold, etc.)
- Experienced with customers' feedback and support
- Prior experience working with scripting using MaxScript, MEL Script, Python or any other language.
Resume and up to date portfolio
Job location : Clermont-Ferrand or Paris
How to Apply
When applying, please provide a resume, a few words about why you applied in the "Cover letter" section and an up-to-date portfolio.
Please apply here: Technical Artist
About the Company
Allegorithmic - an Adobe Company, is the industry leader in 3D texture and material creation technologies. More than 200,000 users in the domains of games and entertainment, animation and VFX, architecture, and design rely on Allegorithmic's award-winning Substance texture and material authoring software for developing the next generation of digital content.
Clients include: Activision, Sony Computer Entertainment, Electronic Arts, Ubisoft, Double Negative, Naughty Dog, Foster+Partners, Gensler, Louis Vuitton, Mercedes,etc...
Founded in 2003, Allegorithmic is based in France with offices in Clermont-Ferrand, Lyon and Paris, and has global offices in Los Angeles, Cleveland, Montreal, Seoul and Singapore.
We create software for artists in a highly-collaborative, inspiring and creative environment, come join us!
Looking forward to meet you at Allegorithmic!