Under direct supervision of the Game Design Team or Lead Level Designer, the Level Designer works within the Design team to create world geometry for monthly content pushes and milestones. Ability to maintain and manage high levels of quality and style definitions while working in a rapid, rigorous, and timely manner; intermediate to advanced level editor experience including particle creation, sound placement and scripting is required in addition to knowledge of the Level Design processes and game production pipeline.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to create high-quality level design concepts that effectively demonstrate game mechanics that solidify and establish the overall concept and playability/ “fun factor” of the production.
- Ability to visualize and conceive level design objects triggers and elements that contribute to the overall playability and design quality of the production.
- Continually refines personal design abilities and increases knowledge of new level design methodologies, techniques, and tools.
- Meets deadlines and contributes effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- Participates in reviewing, monitoring, and evaluating work flow purpose to improve or automate the level design production process.
- Works efficiently and effectively within technical constraints of a production while generating high-quality level design concepts that match (or) exceed unit standards.
- Communicates regularly with the Lead Level Designer regarding the status of current project milestones and initiatives; obtains guidance and approval from Lead Level Designer as required to advance initiatives and milestones.
- Assists in establishing and maintaining the core level design requirements of the production with an understanding of the game development pipeline.
- Facilitates multiple day-to-day level design production processes to ensure playability of the design.
- Implements conceptual design, integration of game mechanic, system design, interface design, testing and Quality Assurance.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Working with team, use blueprint and C++ within unreal to define level and encounter behavior.
- Work with Lead Level Designer in developing skill and challenge progression for Player.
- Collaborate with team to maintain documentation and help keep a unified direction.
- Regular review testing to insure design vision is being met.
Partners in independent, focused creativity and execution, Streamline Studios provides expert customized solutions for the top producers in the industry. A leading video game developer, Streamline's bespoke art and technology is successfully employed by major game publishers, film studios, and brands, including Square Enix's Final Fantasy® XV, Capcom's Street Fighter® V, Take 2's Bioshock Infinite, James Cameron's Avatar, and Coca-Cola. Deploying cutting-edge production and development platform, Streamframe®, Streamline delivered on more than 300 AAA productions since 2001.