Character Artist - LA
Cloud Imperium Games is looking for a Character Artist with a passion for their craft to help fill a persistent universe with characters and alien life forms.
The ideal candidate should have excellent core modelling and texturing skills and a sound understanding of human anatomy. You will be part of the process to grow the internal team, work with technical and other character artists to implement a developing character pipeline.
Skills & Requirements
- Creating highpoly and lowpoly models of characters following concept art or art direction for in-game and cinematic usage with nominal direction from Senior and/or Lead Artists.
- Creating efficient UV layouts that work well within the engine/platform constrains.
- Photorealistic texturing of characters which includes diffuse, normal map, specular, bump.
- Working closely with Tech Art and other dependent departments throughout the character production process.
- and such other duties and responsibilities assigned by Cloud Imperium Games reasonably consistent with employee’s skills and experience.
- At Least 8 years’ experience in game development
- Thorough knowledge of 3DS Max and Photoshop and next gen texturing techniques
- An eye for detail while maintaining efficient model making
- Experience with PBR based shaders
- Excellent sense of form
- Passion for pushing the state of the art in asset fidelity and production techniques
- High degree of self-motivation and initiative
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- International travel may be required as part of the role.
- Experience with CryENGINE/Lumberyard
- Experience using ZBrush or Mudbox for organic shapes
- An avid gamer
- A love of Sci-Fi
How to Apply
About the Company
Cloud Imperium Games is a new kind of independent studio dedicated to delivering AAAexperiences outside the established publisher system, Founded by Chris Roberts, creator of the best selling Wing Commander and Freelancer series, Cloud Imperium is currently developing Star Citizen, a record-shattering crowd funded title that combines classic space sim gameplay with Hollywood-caliber visuals
Cloud Imperium aims to pave new ground in game development by sharing the process with the players. Where game development was once hidden, Cloud Imperium has opted to share the process with those backing Star Citizen. Supporters come to know the team and follow them every step of the way as the game created. The community is closely engaged and their feedback Is considered in all aspects of game development, avoiding standard publicity to put Roberts’ epic vision directly in players’ hands.
Cloud Imperium Games Corporation was founded in April 2012 by renowned game developer Chris Roberts (Wing Commander, Freelancer, Privateer) and his business partner and long-time international media attorney Ortwin Freyermuth. Under Roberts leadership using his long-standing relationships in the game space, Cloud Imperium quickly assembled a top tier development team for the creation of art assets, story elements, and an extensive prototype for its first game Star Citizen. Star Citizen is being marketed and launched via robertsspaceindustries.com.
Cloud Imperium has studios in Los Angeles, California ; Austin, Texas ; Manchester, UK and Frankfurt, Germany.