What We Need:
We are looking for a talented animator with extensive experience developing keyframe animations as well as working with motion capture animations.
What You Will Do:
- Creating keyframe creature animations, in order to realize characters and test rig design
- Assist rig development by working with the animation TD and creature designer to inform structure and mechanics of the rig
- Planning, directing, and processing motion capture for human characters
- Work with designers, programmers, and artists to deliver content that fits their vision and constraints
- Implement animations in-game with proprietary animation software, test and debug gameplay animations
Skills & Requirements
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
- A passionate animator excited to help create a game filled with unique creatures and characters.
- Degree in Computer Animation or related experience.
- 3+ years’ experience working with keyframe animation in games or film.
- Experience with motion capture, directing shoots and processing data.
- 1 Shipped AAA game.
- Expert knowledge of Maya or Motionbuilder
- Strong creative and technical problem solving skills.
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to work independently in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate across multiple locations effectively
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
About the Company
Let's talk some truth: Making games is hard. It's a collision of art and technology that’s about as predictable as a tornado. There's no secret formula, no foolproof blueprint—but it certainly helps to have a reason for making games in the first place. "Every Player's Story is Unique." At Hangar 13, that's why we make games. We’re currently creating an intense action game set in an immersive world and with a strong narrative, but player agency is at the heart of everything we do. We want to give players the freedom to choose how to overcome challenges and make meaningful decisions that shape the world and characters around them.
Hangar 13 is the newest 2K development studio. We’re focused on creating AAA games for console and PC. The studio is comprised of industry veterans drawn from a diverse range of studios, who have collectively shipped hundreds of titles across a wide variety of genres. We are located just thirty minutes north of San Francisco and in production on our first title, Mafia III, available October 7, 2016. We’re currently building our own proprietary engine and tools in service of our next AAA title, still unannounced.