Technical Art Director
Artworks is a highly engaged content creation team within EA Worldwide Studios. We are creatively driven and focused on high end visual production across multiple genres and art styles. Working with our game team partners around the world, we share a unified passion for creating amazing experiences and industry leading visuals. We are adventurous and creative. We are courageous, and we take chances. We seek pioneers who cut new paths and conquer challenges with fierce determination. We look for the best in everyone.
What the Technical Art Director will do:
The Technical Art Director is a lead position in the Technical Art team. While part of the art team, they act as a bridge between the artists, engineers and designers. As a leader, they will own large initiatives which can include entire game areas/domains. As a contributor, they are an expert in the technical art field with main areas of responsibility including art production workflows, tools, pipelines, asset optimization, visual scripting/logic (“schematics”) and shader development. Technical Art Directors are expected to assume ownership over any technical issues that arise on their project and drive them to resolution. This will often include delegating to junior staff on the team. Candidates can be from an Art, Design, Mathematics, Engineering or Computer Science background; however, they must demonstrate a comfort level in working with both art and science.
Skills & Requirements
Who You Are:
- At least 6+ years of cinematic/games production experience. The ideal candidate has completed more than 3 AAA games/movies.
- Experience leading high performing teams of 5+ people.
- A bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in a related field is desired.
- Highly adept at communicating with different audiences: artists, engineers, managers.
- Proficient scripting/programming in python and C#, C++ a bonus (but not required).
- Expert knowledge of a 2D and 3D art packages: Maya/Photoshop required. Houdini/Substance Designer a bonus.
- An aptitude for problem solving, particularly as it pertains to developing techniques to meet quality targets with difficult technical constraints.
- Deep understanding of asset optimization challenges/techniques.
- A willingness to jump into the unknown and solve new problems; the ability to think creatively to resolve technical challenges and limitations.
- A Leader and a Problem Solver!
- A Passion for Games!
How to Apply
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, RRSP company match and, of course, many other perks! And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/burnaby-eac
Please apply here: http://gr.8job.co/s63Roaiw
Have questions about the role? Contact Paola - firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Company
THE BEST GAMES. THE BEST TALENT.
Our creative work environment rewards new and different ideas. It’s an environment that attracts brilliant talent from around the globe. No matter which of our studio locations you join, you’ll feel the energy and support of EA’s global brand, while thriving on our world-class campuses. At EA, the excitement you feel throughout each workday is made possible by a culture that inspires you to do the best work of your career.