EAs Vancouver-based Motion Capture Studio serves the motion capture needs for all of EAs game development teams world-wide. In our state-of-the-art studio we capture a wide spectrum of data types – 3D scanning, virtual cinematography, and motion capture to name a few. As a member of the team you will be directly responsible for supporting various game development teams with the creation of animation content. In this role you will support the integration of motion data by using EA propriety technologies to maintain the highest quality animation possible. Successful candidates will work closely with the animation teams in both post production, and on the live performance stage.
Skills & Requirements
- Create high quality body animation art assets for use in game
- Experience with retargeting motion capture body data onto biped character rigs
- Motion Builder (preferred) or similar 3D animation software experience
- Experience with tracking motion capture body data
- Vicon Blade / Shogun (preferred) or similar tracking software experience
- Experience working with external animation partners
- Data wrangling to and from external teams
- Provide animation feedback, and communicate best practice with intention for animation refinement
- Conduct and complete character rig reviews for the purpose of refining it for motion capture retargeting
- Learn proprietary art pipelines, emerging technology, and processes
- Support the production teams with the acquisition of motion capture data during performance sessions
- Work closely w/ motion capture and animation leads during the production prep / acquisition / post production phases with maintaining visual targets
- Contribute to documenting workflow and pipelines
- Contribute to post mortems, provide feedback, assist with improving motion capture process and data output
Although not required, strong candidates possess
- Minimum 3 years’ motion capture or animation background in video games, television, film or other related industry
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with Motion Builder or similar 3D animation software experience
- Understanding of human movement, and detailed knowledge of functional human anatomy
- Knowledge of and experience with Motion capture (preferred, but not required)
- Works well under the pressures of ‘live’ production environments
- On-set production experience in related entertainment industry: Film, TV, Video games, VFX
- Outstanding communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills are an absolute must
- Believe in teamwork and collaboration
- Owns a good attitude
- Willingness to work flexible hours
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to identify improvements to existing pipelines
- Highly motivated and passionate about their craft
- Have a fabulous ability to multi-task and prioritize
How to Apply
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, RRSP company match and, of course, many other perks! And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/burnaby-eac
Please apply here: http://gr.8job.co/FhxKc84a
About the Company
THE BEST GAMES. THE BEST TALENT.
Our creative work environment rewards new and different ideas. It’s an environment that attracts brilliant talent from around the globe. No matter which of our studio locations you join, you’ll feel the energy and support of EA’s global brand, while thriving on our world-class campuses. At EA, the excitement you feel throughout each workday is made possible by a culture that inspires you to do the best work of your career.