Senior UI Artist
We are looking for a Senior UI Artist who is after an exciting new creative challenge with increased freedom to design and implement the look & feel of our UI for Crayta. Work with our hugely talented and experienced team in approaching the unique challenges involved in developing a game platform.
- To design, create and implement a beautiful, dynamic, and coherent UI for our game and website.
- Work alongside the Art Director & UX Lead to create & maintain our design system.
- Infer the design from our Crayta backstory & brand requirements.
- Working collaboratively between the art & programmer disciplines to overcome technical challenges.
- Understand a wide range of relevant and contemporary visual styles and techniques employed within game genres, game platforms and player expectations.
- Build strong collaborative working relationships with all members of the team and studio, regardless of discipline or seniority.
- Understand the audience and core goals and game ethos.
Skills & Requirements
- 5+ years of experience making UI for games.
- Highly proficient in the use of packages such as Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator
- Excellence of artistic ability to rapidly iterate, develop, illustrate and implement to the defined quality, style and specifications.
- Ability to utilise appropriate tools and software to implement, review, iterate and finalise UI.
- Exhibit a solid understanding of graphic design, typography, user experience and interface design.
- Good knowledge of HTML & CSS
- Experience of Unreal Engine 4 is a plus
In terms of formal qualifications, it is agreed that levels of attainment should not be set. At Unit 2 Games Ltd we adopt an approach that relevant higher qualifications are ‘preferred’ as opposed to ‘required’. Respective artistic skills are paramount and to be considered for this role demonstrable and relevant skills and ability will be expected and sought.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
To apply please email Careers@Unit2Games.com. Please note, you must have the right to work within the UK for us to be able to move forwards with your application.
About the Company
Unit 2 Games is an indie developer founded by passionate and highly-driven industry veterans, and located in Leamington Spa, UK. We are excited to be building Crayta - an original, accessible, and collaborative game-making ecosystem, using Unreal Engine 4.
Here is our list of company goals, they help us focus on what’s important to us when it comes to making decisions:
- Create great games (measured by player enjoyment)
- Act ethically
- Make a positive difference
- Put people first (e.g. people over process)
- Communicate honestly and openly
- Empower and support one another and our players
- Have fun!
We offer above industry-standard benefits, including (but not limited to!):
- Flexible working hours
- Enhanced paternity leave and pay
- Relocation allowance & assistance
- Interest free loans from the company
- Paid overtime
- Will-writing allowance
- Private health cover
- Standing desks and gym/health club contributions
We aim to build an inclusive and diverse development studio. We therefore strongly encourage applicants from backgrounds that aren’t always well-represented within the industry.