3D Environment Artist
Fullbright, the creators of acclaimed story exploration games Gone Home and Tacoma, are working on our next project in collaboration with Annapurna Interactive, and seek a 3D Environment Artist to join the team in Portland, Oregon!
This is a mid-level position. The 3D Environment Artist will be responsible for working alongside our level designers to create authentic, human-feeling spaces for players to explore. Starting with locating suitable reference material, they'll model and texture in-game assets and work with our art director and tech artists to ensure locations have the right mood and level of detail for our narrative-driven game currently in development.
Candidates must be local to Portland, Oregon or residents of the U.S. that are excited to relocate to our verdant mini-metropolis (relocation reimbursement available). We offer a comfortable living wage, a monthly tax-free health insurance stipend, generous paid vacation days, paid parental leave, a crunch-free schedule, and the opportunity to work on small, high-quality games with a small, high-quality team!
At Fullbright we're committed to diversity and inclusion. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace; we enthusiastically encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
Skills & Requirements
- Already living in or excited to relocate to beautiful Portland, Oregon to work onsite with our development team (once the age of the coronavirus passes; remote work with the team until then)
- Shipped at least one commercial game as a 3D environment artist
- Strong skills in Maya, Photoshop, and Unity for modeling, texturing and arranging 3D environment assets
- Strong general foundations (Color, Composition, Drafting)
- Strong research skills with a genuine interest in detail-oriented historical accuracy
- A good understanding of architecture as well as vehicles and/or industrial design
- A deep understanding of spatial composition, lighting, and building believable spaces
- Proven eye for telling a narrative through environmental set dressing
- Able to adapt to an established style
- Professional communication skills
- Experience with Substance Painter and Substance Designer
- Experience with working with partially remote teams
- Experience working in an Agile Scrum production environment
- Experience with Perforce and Jira
- Love for narrative-driven video games
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
If this sounds like you, please email us at email@example.com with your resume, portfolio, a little about yourself and why you'd be a great fit for our team. We can't wait to hear from you.
AN IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT HIRING IN THE TIME OF CORONAVIRUS: While this position is on-site and in person, we take the current global health crisis very seriously. Our entire team is working from home until further notice; we'll be doing this hiring process entirely remotely, and plan to start new hires in these positions working remotely until such a time as folks are given the all-clear to begin working together in an office again. We're experienced with remote work, and hope we can get folks productive and integrated with our current team until such a time as we're all back in the office.
About the Company
We're Fullbright, the creators of acclaimed story exploration games Gone Home and Tacoma. Founded in Portland, Oregon in 2012, we're a small team that's focused on making personal, beautiful, and impactful narratives for players to fall in love with. We're currently hard at work on our next title in partnership with Annapurna Interactive. You can find out more about us and what we do at https://fullbrig.ht.