Playstudios Asia is looking for a CONCEPT ARTIST to visualize and design the characters, environments, and props for our apps.
- Work directly with supervising Lead Artist and Creative Director to deliver concept designs and art assets that meet the standards for design and production
- Dream up a wide variety of visual options on a given direction
- Prepare concept packages for 2D and 3D production vendors that describe
- lighting, materials, volume, implied motion/action, style
- Take sketch concepts to color to further express the intent (production final color not necessary in all cases)
Skills & Requirements
- A portfolio that demonstrates strong draftsmanship, and understanding of art principles including form, color theory, lighting, and layout/composition
- Typography and graphic design experience
- Ability to visualize an object in full volumetric 3D space (model sheets/turnarounds)
- Highly communicative, organized, motivated, and meets deadlines
- Strong organizational skills in both presenting work and file structure
- Ability to translate your concepts to motion (animatic or motion boards)
- Working remotely is an option
How to Apply
Applications must include a link to your online portfolio.
You may be expected to complete a paid art test as a part of the interviewing procedure.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Company
WE ARE A MOBILE / SOCIAL GAMES STARTUP
We compete in the dynamic mobile / social games market worldwide with a suite of casino and gambling style games that follow the ‘social’ or ‘freemium’ model. Our games model is ‘play for fun’ only, and legal in all of the market jurisdictions that we operate in. Our owners and investors include strategic and established venture capital investors, as well as our team members and founders.
WHAT WE DO
We make beautiful, engaging, highly polished games that feature real-world brands and also offer travel and leisure experiences as loyalty rewards to our best customers.
Playstudios Orion division is 100% distributed, there are no physical offices, everyone is remotely scattered across the globe - we work from the comfort of our home! To us, happiness is the result of being able to embrace flexible hours, and working on tasks that are meaningful. We don’t think that a great job should require you to uproot your life and your family, or that a life event should force you out of a great job. We want to work with great people no matter where your life takes you.