Senior 3D Environment Artist
The Senior 3D Artist is responsible for creation of high-level quality visual content which inspires and realizes the vision of the game. The artist in this role delivers world-class assets and develops stunning environments in our game worlds considering narrative and visual storytelling. The Senior 3D Artist’s performance should be exemplary for the team and the industry. Collaboration with all relevant teams will be key to ensure deployment of industry leading visual results.
- Create AAA quality environment scenes and locations with consideration of landscape and architecture and develop memorable visual storytelling in line with the project artistic direction
- Work in close collaboration with level design team to layout spaces, to balance art and gameplay goals
- Produce 3D assets for project needs in respect with the technical and artistic constraints
- Deliver work which follows and enriches project’s artistic direction
- Help the team to set and maintain strong visual quality of the project
- Plan, build and implement complex artistic assignments with little oversight
- Identify potential risks and challenges in the project and suggests relevant solutions
- Assist in establishing and optimizing pipelines for improving quality and time of production
- Propose and implement artistic, gameplay and technical solutions to address production issues
- Extensively apply artistic and gameplay principles in the game levels
- Guide and mentor other artists in the team
Skills & Requirements
- At least 3+ years of experience in a similar role in the game development industry
- Portfolio demonstrating strong experience as an environment artist
- Strong understanding of art fundamentals – compositions, shape language, color theory
- Proficiency in Autodesk 3D Studio Max or equivalent software
- Proficiency in understanding and applying technical constraints
- Excellent knowledge of modeling techniques, texture mapping and material creation
- Ability to manage their own time and work within deadlines
- Ability to absorb, apply and give constructive feedback
- Ability and desire to work in creative and collaborative teams
- Passion for games and strong game culture
- Excellent English and communication skills
We will consider an advantage:
- Skills in related fields such as concept art, character modeling, etc.
- Traditional drawing skills
- Experience in procedural development pipeline
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Please send us a copy of your updated CV in English and portfolio using this link.
About the Company
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services worldwide. More than 17,000 talents with a wide range of expertise are committed to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable entertainment experiences.
Established in 2006, Ubisoft Sofia has grown to a world-class AAA game dev studio. Throughout the years, the studio has released more than 18 titles, ranging from small casual to big open-world games, and covering a wide range of platforms & technologies. Ubisoft Sofia has brought expertise and creativity into brands such as Tom Clancy’s®, Prince of Persia®, and is a key contributor to the Assassin’s Creed® franchise. With more than 240 talented professionals, the studio is currently working on several big Ubisoft's titles.
Our worlds are infinite. Choose your path and create the unknown.