Motion Capture Specialist (UK)
Foundry 42 LTD UK is looking for Motion Capture Specialist to work with the design team under direction of the Game Director and Animation Director on mo-cap animation related areas within squadron 42 and the FPS module for Star Citizen.
• Collaborate with Animation Director, Mo-cap team, Animation Lead and Senior Animators on implementing motion capture data within the game engine
• Solving and cleaning motion capture data for in-game assets * while following the reference videos
• Ensure timely completion of motion capture data commitments at the desired quality bar
• Partners with designers, programmers and other departments involved
Skills & Requirements
• 2+ years of professional experiencing in film/game development
• Solution-orientated individual with a passion for game development
• A thorough understanding of animation pipelines and the processes involved from the conceptual phase to implementation
• Expert knowledge with Motion Builder/Motive and other equivalent software
• Experience with next generation AAA game engines
• An understanding of effective asset creation and optimization
• High degree of self-motivation and initiative
• Inherent ability to bring out the best in people around you and motivate your team
• Expert in time management, verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to gather, analyse, and act on feedback from the team, openness to critique
• Passion and constant drive to stay up to date with latest technology and new techniques
• Excellent English communication and written skills
• International travel may be required as part of the role
• Knowledge with Lumberyard/CryEngine
• Motion Capture experience (Motionbuilder, Motive)
• Experience with rigging
• Python/Mel Scripting
• Strong interest in science fiction based themes
• Experience with Outsourcing and/or collaboration with external studios
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
About the Company
Cloud Imperium Games is a new kind of independent studio dedicated to delivering AAAexperiences outside the established publisher system, Founded by Chris Roberts, creator of the best selling Wing Commander and Freelancer series, Cloud Imperium is currently developing Star Citizen, a record-shattering crowd funded title that combines classic space sim gameplay with Hollywood-caliber visuals
Cloud Imperium aims to pave new ground in game development by sharing the process with the players. Where game development was once hidden, Cloud Imperium has opted to share the process with those backing Star Citizen. Supporters come to know the team and follow them every step of the way as the game created. The community is closely engaged and their feedback Is considered in all aspects of game development, avoiding standard publicity to put Roberts’ epic vision directly in players’ hands.
Cloud Imperium Games Corporation was founded in April 2012 by renowned game developer Chris Roberts (Wing Commander, Freelancer, Privateer) and his business partner and long-time international media attorney Ortwin Freyermuth. Under Roberts leadership using his long-standing relationships in the game space, Cloud Imperium quickly assembled a top tier development team for the creation of art assets, story elements, and an extensive prototype for its first game Star Citizen. Star Citizen is being marketed and launched via robertsspaceindustries.com.
Cloud Imperium has studios in Los Angeles, California ; Austin, Texas ; Manchester, UK and Frankfurt, Germany.