Senior Technical Artist
We are looking for a highly motivated, experienced Senior Technical Artist who has a deep understanding of materials, lighting, and environments for real-time games.
- Maintain and develop master materials for the game. Work with Rendering Engineering on new features and Artists on training and best practices.
- Work with lighting department on best practices, tools, and performance optimization.
- Work with artists on best practices for content authoring, budgets, and associated tools to help manage that.
- Assist the team in learning new technologies and processes
Skills & Requirements
Who We Think Will Be a Great Fit
You are a problem solver at heart. You love puzzles and you love fixing things. It’s been a good day when you can write a tool that makes a difference to the pipeline, and the life of an artist. You are a team player and enjoy digging into the intricacies of game development, listening to how your team functions and figuring out where you fit in that puzzle. We are equally art and tech focused and appreciate someone, like you, who can walk the line between the two; masterfully blurring and bending that line to create amazing things.
- 5 years experience as a senior or lead technical artist.
- Extensive Experience with Unreal Engine, preferably UE4
- Experience with Lighting, Materials and Shaders as applied to Physically Based Rendering.
- Expert in creating tools for modelling and art (Autodesk Maya, 3DS Max, Substance Painter, Photoshop, etc.)
- Expert knowledge of Python, MaxScript, Perl, C#, QT. etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with technical documentation
Other Recommended Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Graphic Arts, Art or a related field, or equivalent industry experience
- High level Blueprint scripting experience in UE4
- Understanding of modern rendering techniques and high-level shading languages.
- Experience profiling CPU and GPU performance
- Strong Python scripting skills (Maya and Unreal experience preferable)
- Knowledge of Houdini or other similar software
- Experience on current and next-gen consoles
How to Apply
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us, we’d love to meet you. Join us in creating worlds that move people.
About the Company
Cloud Chamber exists to craft unique, entertaining and thoughtful videogame experiences that engage the world. We are hard at work on the next entry in the critically acclaimed BioShock series from our Novato, CA and Montreal, Quebec studio locations.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity in both the makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. We focus on open communication and overall well-being allowing each of us to strive for excellence in our work and happiness in our lives.