3D Character Artist
Due to rapid growth in our core business, Wargaming.net is looking to hire a fun, dynamic and accomplished 3D Character Artist to work with the World of Tanks Console team on new and exciting content for our players. This opportunity offers tremendous potential for advancement, ideal for someone seeking career development.
Duties and Responsibilities: The individual should be self- motivated and able to follow - through on assignments under the direction and guidance of the Product Marketing Director and Art Studio Head.
All applications need to include a portfolio/work samples.
This position reports to the Product Marketing Lead.
Skills & Requirements
What will you do?
- Create high level 3D Characters and props that align with the Product guidelines.
- Help model existing and/or new characters and story elements for use in future expansions.
- Research, gather, and document visual content and references for the Product as needed.
- Work with the Senior artist to develop and execute creative concepts.
- Take creative concepts developed by the Marketing Coordinators and Senior artist and help design variations and additional creative assets.
- Collaborate with the team on both large and small projects.
- Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
What are we looking for?
- Experienced and proficient with 3D Studio MAX or Maya, Zbrush, Photoshop, Substance Painter
- Strong organic sculpting ability
- Strong hard surface modelling ability
- Understanding of the PBR texturing workflow
- Experience of one full game development cycle
- Strong knowledge of mechanical construction and functionality (gear and weapons)
- Experience of character pipelines and efficient memory management of UVs, textures and vertices
- Idea generator with strong creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven team environment
- High attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Self-motivation to learn, with continual drive for personal development
- Ability to use initiative but also to thrive within a team
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Traditional sculpture, drawing or painting skills are a plus.
- Knowledge of Marvellous Designer.
- Skinning rigging and animating skills are a plus.
- Experience working in multilingual and multicultural environments.
- Strong familiarity with the games industry and online gaming communities.
How to Apply
In order to apply please follow this link: https://grnh.se/6c64ff6d1
About the Company
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Delivering legendary games since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO gaming industry with 4500+ employees and more than 20 offices globally. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming’s titles across all major gaming platforms, including the massively popular World of Tanks and World of Warships.
Working in our company means always having interesting challenges and gaining valuable experience while working with top-class experts.
Take your place among our passionate and experienced team and bring out the best in yourself at Wargaming!