Lead 3D Environment Artist
Our awesome Total War art team in CA Sofia has the perfect position for a talented Lead Environment Artist specifically skilled at buildings, props and natural terrain, as well as a keen eye for level building and polishing.
The successful candidate will have good experience of modular systems design and prefab design, and technical skills will be a strong asset for the position.
Please note that a portfolio must be submitted as part of an application for this role.
As the Lead Environment Artist for the project, you will have significant experience of leading, mentoring and nurturing the development of other artists. As well as managing the Environment team, conducting regular reviews and overseeing their career development, you will be responsible for both the creation of assets and world construction, from architecture to props and level dressing.
Communication is critical to the success of this role. You will be proactive in communicating progress, steering your team and solving problems, working closely with the wider development teams and design and concept, to produce an engaging and coherent universe.
Skills & Requirements
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Demonstrated visual flare and artistic talent
- Deep knowledge of 3ds Max/Maya
- A working knowledge of Substance Designer
- Knowledge of games development pipeline/environment/engines
- Self-motivated approach to work
- Great communication skills complemented by a positive can-do attitude
- Experience of working effectively in a team
- Demonstrated passion for visual environment creation
- Proven experience implementing game environments
- Formal art education/qualification, with a foundation in traditional and digital art creation
- Lighting experience and ability
- A working knowledge of Substance Painter/Zbrush
- A practical comprehension of Post Production effects
- All round art ability
- Love of games
- Concept art skills
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
About the Company
Creative Assembly is one of the UK's leading games development studios, founded in 1987 and located in West Sussex, UK and in Sofia, Bulgaria. With a heritage of award-winning AAA titles, including the multi-million selling Total War™ series, Creative Assembly continues to build an impressive portfolio of games and world-renowned partnerships; working with Games Workshop on Total War™: WARHAMMER®, Wargaming Alliance on Total War™: ARENA, Twentieth Century Fox on Alien: Isolation, plus 343 Industries and Microsoft on Halo Wars 2. Creative Assembly has, with their exceptionally talented team of over 500, amassed a wealth of awards, including recent accolades from BAFTA, Music+Sound and Develop’s Industry Excellence awards.