Senior UI Designer
We’re seeking a Senior UI Designer to join our mobile UI/UX team. You will help create various UI elements and implement them across several of our top tier products. The mobile space is always changing at a fast pace so you’ll need to be able to stay current with design trends and be quick to adapt to new directions.
Every day you will be working with the UI/UX Lead along with the UX Design, Game Designer, Production, Developer, and Product teams to deliver the best quality UI work possible. The day-to-day entails designing the initial visual and UI interactions of a screen; then implementing them into our product with the developers. You will also help maintain the product after launch, adding new features and quality of life improvements for the user. You would also assist in giving direction and support to our out of studio contractors.
- Create UI elements, icons, and illustrations for our various products.
- Creation and implementation of game screens.
- Add motion to interactions and celebrations.
- Document process and style choices.
- Give direction for outsourced designers.
- Collaborate with other disciplines to help set the visual style for future products.
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Interaction Design, UX Design, Visual Design, or Graphic Design.
- Two or more years of professional experience in the User Interface or similar field.
- Knowledge of the User Centered Design process.
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Unreal Engine 4, Sketch, Flinto, After Effects, or similar products.
- Knowledge of color theory, lighting, typography, and layout.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong file management skills.
- A portfolio is required for consideration.
- Video game development experience a plus.
- Experience in an Agile environment is a plus.
- Experience with 3D is a plus.
- Experience in Animation is a plus.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Please apply here: Senior UI Designer
About the Company
The creative team that brought the Mortal Kombat franchise to life is now NetherRealm Studios, part of the Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment family. With over 20 years of creation under our belts, NetherRealm’s mission remains the same; to create cutting edge entertainment and deliver industry leading tech, game art and overall gaming experiences. NetherRealm Studios is a collaborative and creative environment, constantly striving to up the ante on what is possible in interactive entertainment. We encompass the best of both worlds – a team of dedicated professionals with years of experience, who are also at the forefront of an industry taking over the entertainment landscape. The passion and energy that made Mortal Kombat a reality is still on display every day in our offices, our hallways and most definitely the studio’s arcade room!