Senior World Designer (m/f/d)
You will be part of a small World Design team that is working on a state-of-the-art 3D SciFi game in a positive and productive environment. Your team consists of Game Designers and Programmers who all share one common goal: To create an outstanding gaming experience in a vast and rich SciFi universe on consoles and PC.
- Conception of game ideas for a new, hitherto unannounced game
- Development of gameplay mechanics and systems
- Conception of world and level designs in cooperation with other team members and departments
- Devise creative solutions to gameplay and balancing issues
- Design and iterate balance of the games in-game economy
- Aggregation and evaluation of user feedback
- Produce and take ownership of design specs, balance spreadsheets, and other game documentation
- Creation of game design documents (GDDs) and vision statements
Skills & Requirements
- At least 5 years of work experience as a Game Designer in the games industry
- Participation in all relevant phases and stages of the production of at least 2 finished and released video games
- Experience in envisioning, communicating and creating engaging game worlds
- Routine in design, maintenance and iteration complex game systems
- Routine in the creation and maintenance of game design documents
- Very good command of the English language (both written and spoken)
- High capacity for teamwork and excellent communication skills
- Seniority to guide colleagues from a GD standpoint and keep the game vision
- Self-contained way of working and high level of self-motivation
- A lot of creativity
- Experience in the development of console games
- Basic knowledge of project management and QA processes
- Basic knowledge of game and graphic engines and preferably professional production experience in Unreal 4.
We are just as passionate about our games as we are about their creators (Could that be you?!). Your job comes with personal responsibility, freedom and short decision-making routes. And most importantly - A motivated, international team full of fellow gamers.
The studio is located in a bright, modern office, right in the center of Hamburg. With a selection of benefits for all our staff: Including discounted gym membership, fresh fruit and a variety of free drinks. A healthy work-life balance is important to you? For us too! That’s why we are also awarded as a family-friendly workplace. Coming from abroad? No problem! We also offer relocation packages.
Sounds good? Take a look here: www.dsfishlabs.com
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Did we spark your interest? We are looking forward to your application. Simply click here and apply with just one click by linking your LinkedIn Profile or uploading your CV.
If you have any further documents which you think might be worth sharing to underline your background and talents, we are happy to receive them as well. If you have questions regarding the application just drop us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. An application via our online tool is preferred.
About the Company
For more than 15 years Deep Silver FISHLABS has been creating compelling games that have been brought to life on millions of screens across the globe. We joined the Deep Silver / Koch Media family in late 2013 and, since then, we have continuously raised the quality bar. Today, we are one of three internal development studios run by our parent company, alongside Deep Silver Volition in the US and Deep Silver Dambuster Studio in the UK.
We specialize in high-end 3D games for consoles and PC. With a strong development history and award-winning portfolio of mobile games; such as blockbuster space-action shooter Galaxy on Fire: Manticore and the tactical zombie brawler Dead Island: Survivors; we are currently developing thrilling titles for the PS4, Xbox One, PC and Nintendo Switch.