The Candidate must have a good understanding of the concepts of creating appeal and style in their models and have a solid grounding in the art of sculpted form and anatomy. A thorough technical knowledge of ZBrush and Maya is a must as the studio relies heavily on a sculpting and retopology approach during visual exploration and asset development. Successful applicants will have excellent communication skills, an eye for form and detail, and the ability to work collaboratively with multiple tasks in a fast-paced production.
Skills & Requirements
Key Areas of responsibilities:
- Create stylized digital maquettes in ZBrush in collaboration with the art director, which include appeal and are consistent the style of the project.
- Retopologise characters that adhere to the pipeline and meet animation and rigging requirements.
- Complete character model tasks, including variants, facial blend shapes and Body Correctives.
- Maintain the style consistency for different characters on a single project.
- Provide regular progress updates to production manager and 3D supervisor on any technical/workflow bottlenecks within the modelling schedule.
- Supervise the quality control (both technically and visually) of the external asset assignments and ensure the outsource partner has clear direction from a modelling perspective.
- Contribute to documentation related to the modelling workflow on a project they are assigned to.
- A grounding in art and sculpture with a strong understanding of anatomy and appeal when creating characters in various styles.
- Understanding of the requirements of topology for animation and rigging and how to create and edit production models.
- Experience working as a character modeller including in a leadership role (or similar position) in either broadcast or feature film work (essential).
- Experience of remote and/or outsource management (desirable).
- With hair/fur or cloth (desirable).
- With asset tracking systems (e.g. shotgun) (desirable).
- Excellent working knowledge of Maya & Z-brush.
- Task driven, self-motivated, and proactive.
- Must be open to take direction positively and contribute through their own expertise to the creative process.
- Must be eager to participate in further training where required, and willing to engage with and become familiar with new tools and procedures from project to project.
- An interest in mentorship and an ability to train junior modellers is a big plus.
Please include Show Reel of Previous Work.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Please use the link HERE to apply.
About the Company
Brown Bag Films are one of Europe’s most exciting, original and successful creative-led animation studios and is part of the 9 Story Media Group, with locations in Toronto, Dublin, Manchester, New York and Bali.
Making stand out/exceptional content for kids is at the heart of everything we do, and our bar is always set to “excellent” when it comes to the quality of our work. Our studios are highly collaborative spaces, where mentoring and on the job training is built into our daily practices. Our team members benefit from competitive compensation packages, working on award-winning 2D and 3D content, a thriving work culture and maybe too much cake!
We recently celebrated Brown Bag Films Dublin's 25th Birthday!
See how we've grown.....