Technical Artist [Snowdrop]
We are looking for a new Technical Artist to join our Snowdrop™ team. In this role you will be working on the Snowdrop™ content pipeline; you will support our art teams using Snowdrop at Ubisoft. You will frequently interact across teams with our other artists, level designers and programmers. In this position you will not be working directly on one specific game, but rather on the underlying engine of multiple games.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager / cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
- Day-to-day Art and Tech team support
- Help improve Snowdrop processes
- Assist other team members in achieving their tasks more efficiently
- Documentation of systems and art pipeline
- Create samples, examples and prototypes
- Advise best workflows to safeguard memory budgets for art asset
- Document and iterate on how to improve the process relating to performance optimization of art assets
- Handle and maintain the art specific tools that are content developer facing
Skills & Requirements
You as a person
You are a passionate about technical quality and games. You are open to new ideas and you constantly aspire to push your work to the highest possible level, you are approachable, flexible, structured and responsible. As a Technical Artist you are inspired by new technology and clever solutions. You are constantly on the lookout for ways to enhance the visual quality, the tech behind it or the workflow to achieve it. It’s also important that you have strong verbal and written communication skills to be able to share your knowledge to the rest of the team. Preferably you have a combination of classical or 3D art training with a good technical knowledge and a focus on games. You are interested in engine development and want to work on improving workflows and pipelines for multiple teams. Experience of multi-platform development is an advantage.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone with experiences within the following areas:
- Professional experience in at least one of the following; 3DSMAX, Maya, Modo, Blender, MotionBuilder, Zbrush and Photoshop (preferable Modo or Maya)
- Experience working with scripting (Python or C#)
- Shipped one AAA title as Technical Artist
- Experience with art asset optimization techniques
- Experience with memory budgets and optimization
- Solid game engine knowledge and experience (proprietary and/or Unreal or Unity)
Its beneficial to have experience in:
- Open world game development experience
- Console experience (PS4/Xbox One)
- Experience from in engine streaming techniques
Good to know
As we aim to build a team who continuously push the boundaries of what’s possible within platform and service development (and because we love to learn and grow from the people around us), we might ask you to do a practical test as a part of the recruitment process. We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about you. In the meantime, please have a look at the videos posted below.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Please apply here: https://smrtr.io/3BQF_
About the Company
Massive Entertainment is a world-leading AAA studio located in Malmö and part of the Ubisoft family. We are a multinational team of more than 600 passionate and highly skilled people from more than 45 different countries.
Our studio is a creative and devoted workplace. It’s full of dedicated game developers, game designers, programmers, and character artists (to name a few of our job roles!). What we all have in common is that we enjoy what we do and that we do everything with drive and enthusiasm.
WHAT IS IT LIKE WORKING AT MASSIVE?
At Massive, you get to do what you love the most while bringing your own exceptional performance into our ongoing projects, like Tom Clancy’s The Division 2, Avatar, Snowdrop, or Uplay.
We want to hear your opinions. As part of the Massive family, you are encouraged to make your voice heard regardless of your position or how long you’ve been at the studio.
Curiosity is key in crafting the best games experience possible. It might sound strange, but we encourage you to take risks and to have the courage to challenge not only yourself in what you do, but also the ways we do things in the studio. And it’s okay if the risk results in failure.
Without failure, we can never grow in our roles or find new solutions to the challenges we face – together – every day. Be brave, because behind you, you have the support of the Massive family.
WE NEED YOU TO MAKE THE BEST GAMES POSSIBLE
Massive is growing – rapidly, and we are looking for the best talents to join our studio. With our move to our new office building Eden, Tom Clancy’s The Division 2, and the Avatar Project, we are heading towards an exciting future.
Do you want to join us on the journey?