Senior World Designer
SENIOR WORLD DESIGNER - MONTRÉAL
We are looking for a dedicated, reliable, driven and personable Senior World Designer to join our team to help create the next installment of BioShock. As a Senior World Designer, you will be part of the team making sure the World of our game is full of interesting, varied and narratively valuable experiences for the player to encounter.
One of the most immediate challenges for the senior team will be helping to build a new studio. It's a tremendous opportunity to not only help define our game experience, but to contribute to the development of the team, our studio, and help define our culture as a whole.
- Collaborate with level and narrative designers in creating memorable experiences for players throughout the living world
- Design and white box world structure and map layout to ensure missions, stories and gameplay concepts are paced, balanced and connected
- Design and create systemic world moments as well as bespoke quests that breathe life into the levels of the game
- Combine hand-crafted set-pieces and systemic interactions to create a “living” world that offers players variety at every step of the game
- Work closely with the writing and systems teams to ensure a cohesive whole
Skills & Requirements
You care about the World you're building and the stories it can tell. You’re passionate about world design and living worlds in games as well as the narrative that fills them. You research, plan and inspire. You're excited by new ideas and experimentation, and eager to share what you learn with your team.
You’ve shipped at least one AAA title as a Senior Designer, and know what it takes to execute an idea from concept to ship. You have experience managing a game development process and a history of leading through example. You are self-motivated, have excellent communication skills, and are collaborative by nature. And of course, we're looking for someone who knows, loves and plays games and cares deeply about pushing the medium forward.
- Shipped at least one AAA title as a Senior Designer
- 5+ years professional experience in video game design
- Proficient with 3D world editing and scripting tools and workflows (we use UE4)
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us, we’d love to meet you. Join us in creating worlds that move people.
About the Company
Cloud Chamber exists to craft unique, entertaining and thoughtful videogame experiences that engage the world. We are hard at work on the next entry in the critically acclaimed BioShock series from our Novato, CA and Montreal, Quebec studio locations.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity in both the makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. We focus on open communication and overall well-being allowing each of us to strive for excellence in our work and happiness in our lives.