Senior 3D Environment Artist
Romero Games is looking for a Senior 3D Environment Artist to join our team and help us bring new video game worlds to life.
Romero Games is a multi-award-winning AAA game studio based in Galway, Ireland. We create AAA games and craft genres. Our team brings decades of experience to the table with significant and lead creative and technical roles on games like DOOM, Quake, Fortnite, Far Cry, Dungeons & Dragons, Star Wars: The Old Republic and Magic: The Gathering. Our team has shipped over 200 titles individually and won as many awards, including multiple game of the year awards and even a BAFTA Special Award.
We are exceptionally passionate about games. We want to work with you and add your expertise to the team.
This is a full-time, on-site permanent position at our Romero Games studio in the heart of Galway City, Ireland.
Skills & Requirements
What will the Senior 3D Environment Artist be responsible for?
Creating unique assets for titles developed for current-generation consoles and PC. On our upcoming title, Empire of Sin, you will be working with our Art Director to bring the streets of Chicago in the 1920's to life.
The tasks you’ll be doing day to day:
- Creating high-quality architecture & environmental assets
- Sculpting & modeling highly-detailed geometry
- Retopologizing and optimizing geometry and textures, for use as game-ready models
- Creating high-quality textures for use in a PBR workflow
- Transferring high-resolution model detail to game ready texture maps
- Set dressing and lighting environments from a design blockout to final product
- Applying and modifying cutting edge material techniques
- Laying out efficient and quality UVs
- Developing and learning the latest art creation technologies, and sharing that knowledge with those working with you
- Collaborating with fellow artists, Team Leads, and our Engineering and Design departments to produce the highest quality game worlds
What are we looking for in a Senior 3D Environment Artist?
We’re looking for an artist with senior-level experience, but we’re open to mid-level experience with exceptional talent and a true passion for creating cutting-edge 3D art.
Skills and experience we would like you to have:
- Expert knowledge of:
- Maya or 3ds Max modeling tools
- ZBrush for sculpting high level details for assets
- Photoshop, Substance Painter and Substance Designer for texturing
- Experience working within a game engine and its tools to create high quality 3D environments
- Full understanding of game workflows and pipelines
- Drawing and/or painting skills to help convey ideas
- A desire to learn new techniques & technologies and share your knowledge
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Over 5 years of professional experience in the games industry, with at least one shipped title (excluding academic projects)
- A passion for Video Games with a portfolio reflecting high-quality game art
- Ability and desire to work onsite in our office in Galway, Ireland - The European Capital of Culture for 2020
It would be a bonus if you have:
- Experience with Allegorithmic Substance
- Experience working in Unity
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Does this sound like you? We would love to hear from you & see your work. Send your CV and portfolio showcasing your 3D Environmental work to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be in touch.
Just beginning your career as a 3D Environment Artist? This isn’t an entry-level position, but keep an eye on https://www.romerogames.ie/jobs for future opportunities.
About the Company
We are working on Empire of Sin: