Garmin’s Consumer Industrial Design team continues to grow in Kansas City. We are looking to add another talented 3D Visualizer to the team. You will be responsible for creating amazing photo realistic renderings of consumer products: cycling computers, outdoor handhelds, dash cams, marine radars, and a growing range of wearables for wellness, running, outdoor, golf, kids, and scuba diving.
Working directly with industrial designers and marketing managers to create photo realistic rendering of our consumer products for use on packaging, web, print, and wide variety of promotional materials. Join our growing team with over 30 Industrial Designers in a 35,000 square foot design studio and prototype shop with extensive design and prototyping equipment. We’re looking for an experienced 3D Visualizer who is capable of creating amazing product renderings, combined with the ability to collaborate respectfully in a team. See work examples on our website (majority of our consumer products are renderings): https://www.garmin.com
Essential functions include:
- Create photo realistic product renderings
- Work directly with ID and marketing teams to understand the expectations for each project
- Lead rendering reviews with ID and marketing team members
- Continue to improve the rendering process utilizing the latest software tools and technology
Skills & Requirements
Qualified candidates will possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Design, Product Design, Visual Effects or another field relevant to the essential functions of this job description from a four-year college or university OR an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience with a minimum of 3.0 cumulative GPA. Other requirements include:
- Must demonstrate digital proficiency in the use of rendering tools such as 3DS Max, V-Ray, and Keyshot with a "understanding" of lighting and shading.
- Digital proficiency in the use of Adobe Photoshop for post processing
- Demonstrates strong and effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be team-oriented, possess a positive attitude, and work respectfully with others
- Demonstrates proficient presentation skills
- 3 + years experience performing the essential functions of the job
- Knowledge of Solidworks and Rhino for 3D CAD modeling a plus
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Please submit a resume and portfolio to email@example.com
About the Company
As a leading worldwide provider of navigation, we are committed to making superior products for automotive, aviation, marine, outdoor and fitness markets that are an essential part of our customers’ lives. Our vertical integration business model keeps all design, manufacturing, marketing and warehouse processes in-house, giving us more control over timelines, quality and service. Our user-friendly products are not only sought after for their compelling design, superior quality and best value, but they also have innovative features that enhance the lives of our customers. We are focused on recruiting top performers in all areas of the company to drive innovation and success.
As part of our ongoing commitment to helping associates maintain a healthy balance between work and life, we sponsor company-wide and individual wellness initiatives, as well as world-class sporting events—and even some of the participating athletes. In each of the communities in which we do business, Garmin has a strong philanthropic and civic presence. Our associates benefit from these connections in many ways, including through discounts on products and services, opportunities to attend sponsored events, and even help with work-life initiatives, such as pilot certification and adoption assistance.