Twisted Pixel Games is seeking a highly motivated, talented, and passionate Level Designer to join our team and be a primary contributor to the design, development, and execution of our awesome games. The ideal candidate will be highly creative and versatile with excellent communication and collaboration skills.
Skills & Requirements
Duties & Responsibilities
- Design game levels and define goal progression.
- Work directly with artists, programmers, animators and other game designers to contribute to and implement the vision of the game.
- Integrate gameplay features into levels.
- Design engaging level flow in support of the overall game design.
- Build and maintain a level environment from early block-out through to final polish.
- Ensure technical efficiency of your levels.
Skillset & Requirements
- Excellent and effective communication skills.
- Exceptional team player with the ability to collaborate across teams without losing sight of the narrative and gameplay vision.
- Excellent sense of 3D game space and pacing.
- Strong methodology and problem solving abilities.
- Initiative and demonstrable creativity in layout and flow, scenario design, etc.
- 3+ years of games industry experience designing, building, and populating game levels.
- At least one shipped game with significant level design contribution or similar content creation experience.
- In-depth knowledge of content development tools and various engines such as Unreal and Unity.
- Have a passion for games.
- Scripting or programming experience.
- Good working knowledge of Maya, 3DS Max or similar 3D package.
- Experience developing for VR products.
This position is located in Austin, Texas.
All applicants must currently be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
If you feel you have the passion, dedication and skills that match our unique company, apply to join our team! Please apply online at www.twistedpixelgames.com/careers
** Submissions without a link to a current portfolio will not be considered **
At Twisted Pixel Games you will have the opportunity to work on exciting new IPs and contribute to established, well-known titles. In a community-minded, independent studio environment, you’ll get to make your mark on our games in significant ways with people who share your passion for game development.
Enjoy Great Benefits and Perks Including:
- Major Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401k with Company Matching
- Company-paid group life insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Frequent Team Outings and Fun Company Events
- Monthly Game Tournaments
- Open Office Environment with Close-Knit Team
- Stocked kitchen with complimentary snacks and drinks
Twisted Pixel Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Note to Third-Party Recruiters / Recruitment Agencies / Executive Search Firms: Twisted Pixel Games does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters or recruiting agencies. Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to any employees of Twisted Pixel Games. Twisted Pixel is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
About the Company
Twisted Pixel is the award-winning studio behind a wide variety of console and virtual reality games. The studio’s first title, The Maw, was a 2009 IGF finalist and 2008 PAX 10 Audience Choice Award winner. Wilson’s Heart, their first collaboration with Oculus Studios, was the winner of the Best Virtual Reality Game at Gamescom in 2016.
Since 2006, Twisted Pixel has been focused on creating character-driven original games across various platforms, including Splosion Man, Comic Jumper, Ms Splosion Man, Kinect-exclusive The Gunstringer, Xbox One launch title LocoCycle, and Oculus exclusives Defector, B-Team and Path of the Warrior.