3D Character Artist - Remote Role (UK Only)
Working on an original IP, we are looking for an experienced and accomplished Character Artist to help realise a unique illustrated art style. Working under our Lead Artist, the right candidate should be able to demonstrate excellent creative, technical, and visual skill. You will be an accomplished artist with a passion for creating characters, and the ability to produce stunning, high quality and efficient game content.
- Working to support Lead 3D Artist/Animator and closely with cross-discipline teams
- The creation of character content, both playable and non-playable
- Proactive and self-motivated in finding and fixing bugs including tweaks and changes to character rig where appropriate
- Ability to work within technical restrictions whilst also providing suggestions to improve workflow and productivity
Skills & Requirements
- Demonstrable organic and hard surface modelling ability
- Expert knowledge of Maya or 3DS Max (Rigging/Skinning skills is a plus)
- Experience with Unity and its character and animation pipelines
- Working knowledge of Substance Painter
- Demonstrable examples of work/show reel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional Artistic ability
- Developed understanding of contemporary workflows and processes
- A passion for playing and making games!
We CANNOT accept any application without a portfolio.
- Working remotely is an option
How to Apply
Applications - portfolio, cover letter, cv etc. are to be sent by email to email@example.com
About the Company
At Roll7, we create exciting and critically acclaimed video games - including the BAFTA-winning OlliOlli franchise. Innovation, freedom, and a real sense of fun are at the heart of everything we do, from creating award-winning original IPs to the everyday business of running our unique distributed workplace set-up.
Being a distributed studio – the majority of our employees work from home nine days out of ten - allows us to offer a high degree of freedom and autonomy to our motivated and creative staff. Everyone at Roll7 can work in a way that allows them to balance impressive workplace achievements with their own responsibilities at home.
Fortnightly meetups in our London office, combined with a robust online communication system, mean that we still retain all the positives of a welcoming and friendly office environment - without the downsides of a long and expensive commute. After all, most of us would rather be at home with our families and pets (or our game consoles) than crammed onto an overcrowded commuter train or stuck in traffic.
We love to give every employee a chance to play and contribute to the games we make, we love giving people the freedom to pursue their own path to success, and we hate crunch.
At Roll7, our team is at the heart of everything we do, and it matters to us that everyone feels comfortable and valued at work. We are an equal opportunities employer, and we have a keen commitment to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment where all of our employees are accepted and valued as part of the team. We hire based on talent and suitability for the role - regardless of race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.
Roll7 is a remote studio, and this role requires the applicant to undertake the vast majority of their work at home (nine out of ten days). Appropriate equipment, dev kits and software licenses will be supplied as required. One day a fortnight we work from central London as a team, therefore applicants MUST be based in the UK.
Check out our website for a complete list of staff benefits and more details on our company culture.