3D Character Artist
As a 3D Character Artist, your main tasks and responsibilities are:
- Review externally produced character content on a daily basis and propose (novel) approaches to maintain and improve the overall quality of our characters;
- Supervise, train and inspire a host of external partners;
- Design and execute processes, conventions and techniques to maintain and improve our excellence as it relates to 3D character production for our studio.
Skills & Requirements
We’d love to hear from you when you:
- Are a Character Artist by trade and have an online portfolio to show your artistry;
- Are strong in your communication and coaching skills and have the capability to address art design, art direction and artistic elements with your peers / students and external artists;
- Enjoy solving 3D character production issues and/or inefficiencies;
- Experience in the giving feedback on outsourced art is a plus;
- We are open to senior and principal level candidates for this role.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
If you think you’re up for the challenge, we’d love to hear from you! Be sure to submit your CV, Cover Letter and portfolio where you showcase your best and most recent work. We really prefer seeing images as opposed to videos and our focus is on (photo)realism rather than on stylized portfolios. Please apply through this link: https://boards.greenhouse.io/guerrilla/jobs/4720005002#app
If you have any questions, feel free to contact Wessel Haytink (Studio Recruiter) at email@example.com.
PREPARE FOR YOUR APPLICATION
To prepare your application, we would advise you to watch this 2018 GDC talk where Daniel Calvert discusses how we approached the challenges of making characters for Horizon Zero Dawn: http://bit.ly/DanielCalvertGDC
About the Company
Guerrilla is one of Europe's leading game development companies and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe. We started in 2000, and have pushed the boundaries of technical and artistic excellence in our games ever since. Today, we employ more than 200 professionals from 25 different nationalities. Our studio is located in the cultural and historical center of Amsterdam, The Netherlands — a great place to work and play. Guerrilla was founded in 2000 as the result of a merger between three smaller Dutch studios, and acquired by Sony Interactive Entertainment after the release of KILLZONE in 2004. In the decade that followed, Guerrilla expanded KILLZONE into a full-fledged franchise with three sequels (KILLZONE 2, KILLZONE 3 and KILLZONE SHADOW FALL) and two handheld spin-offs (KILLZONE: LIBERATION and KILLZONE: MERCENARY). In 2016, the company launched RIGS MECHANIZED COMBAT LEAGUE, a competitive arena-based sports shooter developed from the ground up for VR. Its most recent title, released in 2017, is the critically and popularly acclaimed open world action-RPG HORIZON ZERO DAWN.