We are looking for a Rigger / Character Technical Animator to join one of our exciting projects. This is an opportunity if you want to be part of a friendly and passionate team.
- Helping establish and maintain production workflows and validation processes between departments
- Supporting the character art team on a day-to-day basis with character-related tools and proactive suggestions for improvement of workflows
- Maintaining and pushing quality and look of the characters through scalable solutions with a long-term perspective
- Helping support and mentor less experienced riggers
- Frequent communication with animators, technical artists, artists, level designers, and programmers to understand needs
- Documenting and continuously developing best practices
- Evaluation of memory and performance cost of character assets
Skills & Requirements
You as a person
An eye for quality and a true focus on how we can push the overall and immersive feel of our games through next-level tools, workflows, and pipelines. You thrive when you find an efficient development solution to a challenge, and that shows in your creative and innovative approach to game development; all with a focus on results and improving efficiency for yourself and your team. You always see the larger scope of the development, and proactively come up with creative solutions as to how to improve all of our workflows. You're aware that a game is a collaborative endeavor, and you enjoy collaborating with your peers to find the best solutions to the challenge. Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- Understands Character pipelines from modeling to rigging to animation
- Shipped at least two AAA games
- Creature rigging experience a plus
- Relevant portfolio/demo reel is required
- In-depth knowledge of Maya a plus
Good to know
As we aim to build a team that continuously pushes the boundaries of what’s possible within game development (and because we love to learn and grow from the people around us), we might ask you to do a practical test as a part of the recruitment process. We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about you. Meanwhile, please check out the videos posted below and our employee perks here, to gain greater insight into life at Massive.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV, demo reel, and message to the hiring manager / cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
Apply here: https://smrtr.io/4ndm_
About the Company
Massive Entertainment is a world-leading AAA studio located in Malmö and part of the Ubisoft family. We are a multinational team of more than 600 passionate and highly skilled people from more than 45 different countries.
Our studio is a creative and devoted workplace. It’s full of dedicated game developers, game designers, programmers, and character artists (to name a few of our job roles!). What we all have in common is that we enjoy what we do and that we do everything with drive and enthusiasm.
WHAT IS IT LIKE WORKING AT MASSIVE?
At Massive, you get to do what you love the most while bringing your own exceptional performance into our ongoing projects, like Tom Clancy’s The Division 2, Avatar, Snowdrop, or Uplay.
We want to hear your opinions. As part of the Massive family, you are encouraged to make your voice heard regardless of your position or how long you’ve been at the studio.
Curiosity is key in crafting the best games experience possible. It might sound strange, but we encourage you to take risks and to have the courage to challenge not only yourself in what you do, but also the ways we do things in the studio. And it’s okay if the risk results in failure.
Without failure, we can never grow in our roles or find new solutions to the challenges we face – together – every day. Be brave, because behind you, you have the support of the Massive family.
WE NEED YOU TO MAKE THE BEST GAMES POSSIBLE
Massive is growing – rapidly, and we are looking for the best talents to join our studio. With our move to our new office building Eden, Tom Clancy’s The Division 2, and the Avatar Project, we are heading towards an exciting future.
Do you want to join us on the journey?