Senior Environment World Artist
ABOUT FIREWALK STUDIOS
Our mission is to create industry-leading multiplayer games for players around the world. We are working on an unannounced and original next-generation AAA title.
Firewalk Studios is looking for a Senior Environment Artist - World who is passionate about bringing exceptional entertainment to millions of players. As our Senior Environment Artist - World, you will be responsible for working with the world art team to create amazing worlds and capture the imagination and wonder of our players.
WHO YOU ARE
- Your portfolio reflects your experience, your love for creating environments, and a strong technical understanding of your tools.
- You strive for excellence in environment art and world-building, with a flair for both the aesthetic and the technical.
- You encourage and foster collaborative and transparent workflows with every member of the team in a way that inspires a confident and respectful workplace. You have a strong understanding of gameplay needs within the environments you create, and you enjoy the collaborative goal of finding the perfect balance between design and visuals.
- You have experience shipping AAA titles or equivalent game development experience.
- You are well-versed in modern tools and techniques for creating optimized and textured game-ready content, with an eye towards the cutting edge.
- You stay on top of the latest tools and workflows, you find ways to motivate and inspire innovation across your team.
- You feel at home creating collaborating with the world art team and across disciplines to ensure your environments meet the needs of the entire project.
- You find time to play video games & empathize deeply with our players because you are a gamer at heart.
- You pride yourself on your ability to lead discussions, drive decision making, and provide feedback across teams and with senior leadership.
WHAT YOUR DAY MIGHT LOOK LIKE
- Creating environments that support the goals of the overall Art direction and Design direction.
- Meeting with the World Art Lead and Level Designers to review your most recent work.
- Meeting with the World Art Lead, Palette Artists, Lighting Artists, and technical artists to review the team’s work.
- Joining a playtest to see how your spaces are playing and to give notes on the entire game.
- Looking for opportunities to simplify and improve overall quality in the pipeline to make the world team more efficient.
Skills & Requirements
- You have a deep understanding of 3dsMax, Maya or other 3D package and the Unreal Engine.
- You have shipped multiple AAA quality games.
- You have strong knowledge and experience of next-generation environment art pipelines, tools, and workflows.
- You have at least 5 years of Environment art experience, with at least 2+ years of experience focused on layout, composition, and environmental storytelling.
- You have experience in Unreal Engine 4 and/or are excited to learn.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
About the Company
ABOUT PROBABLYMONSTERS INC.
We believe that a positive culture and a well-resourced environment will unlock every developer’s potential, transforming their imagination into exceptional player experiences. United in this belief, we are building a new paradigm for AAA game studios to inspire a healthier gaming industry for all.
We are growing at a planned rate. Our inclusive hiring approach and unique business model has attracted over 150 senior-level developers who have worked on dozens of blockbuster projects with over 60 major games, entertainment, and tech companies.
Our mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional interactive experiences. Our first two teams are Cauldron Studios™ and Firewalk Studios™, each developing their own inaugural AAA next-gen game franchise. Cauldron Studios is developing a narrative-driven adventure game and Firewalk Studios has a multiplayer game in progress. Our third studio, not yet named, is focusing on a next-gen co-op RPG game.
Creatives who join our Monster journey will have the opportunity to work on exciting, unannounced AAA titles alongside skilled, experienced senior talent in an atmosphere of mutual respect, mutual trust, accountability, and approachability.