Senior 3D Artist
We are currently looking for a senior 3D artist to work on the legendary Destroy all Humans! franchise and also new franchises.
The candidate will create various types of high-quality assets, buildings, props, nature props, weapons,vehicles. He will be part of our art-team, reporting directly to our Lead 3d Artist.
Sculpting/modeling/texturing 3D real time assets (buildings/rocks/props/weapons/trees…)
- Integration of assets in the engine; shader assignment, materials settings.
- Work closely with the Lead 3d Artist and technical art director to develop concepts, prototypes, and production ready content.
- Work closely with programmers and designers to implement art assets efficiently to allow for rapid iteration of game design and aesthetics.
- Create assets base on photogrammetry data.
- Dressing of levels/open world areas using Unreal4 editor.
Skills & Requirements
- Shipped at least 3 titles as a 3D artist.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as 3D artist
- Expert with 3DS Max, Substance Painter, Photoshop, Zbrush.
- Expert knowledge of NextGen techniques as well as classic techniques like normal mapping, High and Low Poly modeling. Portfolio should demonstrate mastery of these techniques.
- Being able to work on several art styles from realistic, stylized to cartoony.
- Being able to reproduce with high fidelity in 3D a 2D concept art.
- Strong knowledge of lighting, texturing, and CG shaders and the relationship between them.
- Thorough understanding of 3D editors such as Unreal or similar game engines
- Proven experience working from existing concepts, as well as developing your own concepts for asset creation.
- Must be able to quickly match existing styles to create a cohesive look as well as help develop ideas to further existing styles.
- Excellent communication skills & proven ability to work within a team.
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4
- Experience with Substance Designer, Speedtree.
- Experienced in dressing open world environments.
- Experience with lighting and Particle effects.
- Character modelling skills.
How to Apply
Please send us your CV and your best portfolio to: email@example.com
About the Company
Black Forest Games is part of the fastest growing publisher in Europe, THQ Nordic, and the biggest studio of THQ Nordic Vienna. Here in the south of Germany, directly at the French border, we combine the creative freedom and culture of an independent studio with the financial security of a big publisher.
We are a team with a long history of looking for long-term companions – we are hiring for the studio, not for the project. This is an important part of our company philosophy. Talent is always welcome, no matter where you are from. We offer a family-friendly work-life-balance and a lot of flexibility.
Here you can work on IPs known worldwide and help shaping them.
As a bonus, Black Forest Games is located in one of the most beautiful and wealthiest areas in South of Germany, located closely to Strasbourg, Karlsruhe and Basel. Getting here is a non-issue as well, because of the excellent traffic conditions – 3 airports about 30 minutes away, the Autobahn and the ICE station right around the corner. All of this in a region where kids still play in the nature and drive to school by bike.
You love everything about us but you don’t want to live in Germany? No problem, lots of our developers are living cross the border in France and get here easily by train or car.