3D Character Artist
We are looking for a talented character artist to join our team and make this vision a reality by creating photo-real characters for Virtual Reality.
What your responsibilities will be:
- Create photo-real, top quality characters for VR
- Work with Art Lead to establish the artistic and creative vision for the project.
- Collaborate with the Technical Lead and Animation Lead to understand technical and gameplay requirements.
- Develop and build hair cards for new characters
Skills & Requirements
What makes you:
- Must be a US Citizen
- Understanding of human anatomy and proportions
- Experience as a character artist in the game industry
- Strong understanding of technical considerations in creating characters for VR
- High Attention to detail
- Digital sculpting skills - ZBrush, Mudbox or similar software
- Significant experience using texturing skills in Substance Painter, Mari and understand the PBR workflow
- Expert in High Poly to Low Poly baking skills
- Understand form and silhouette
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Understand, consider, and give constructive feedback.
- Located in or willing to move to San Antonio, TX or New York City, NY.
- Working remotely is an option
How to Apply
Please send us:
- Portfolio and/or reel showing relevant skills and the character process from high poly to in-game asset.
- Your updated resume
Must be a US Citizen
About the Company
Street Smarts VR is a Virtual Reality Based Training Platform for Military and Law Enforcement Personnel. We strive to provide our first responders with realistic and cutting-edge training scenarios that help improve their job performance. Our team is rapidly growing and looking for driven individuals that want to make an impact. We are building life saving software and are looking for new team members that are seeking mission driven opportunities to help save lives.