VFX - Animator
Rebellion VFX are opening the doors of our brand new Didcot Film and TV Studios and we are looking for an experienced Animator.
With projects based on classic Rebellion IPs, this is an opportunity to be working on some brand new film and TV projects and be one of the first members of the new VFX team.
This role is full-time permanent role based in-house at our Didcot Studio. You must be able to legally work in the UK.
Skills & Requirements
- Understanding of realistic animation principles and physics
- Understand and execute the 12 principles of animation
- Experience with motion capture, able to work with and modify mocap animation
- Comfortable taking a shot through the entire process; staging, layout, and animation.
- Experience with Maya
- Experience with Sequencer in Unreal Engine
- Create sequences of shots from storyboards/script to enhance story
- Animate realistic story driven character actions that are exciting, emotional and compelling.
- Animate creatures, props, vehicles and cameras.
- Compose and animate cameras in a cinematic style
- Proven games industry or film experience
- Experience with motion builder
- Experience with Shotgun RV
- Experience with Rigging
- Experience with Nuke is desired
How to Apply
About the Company
Rebellion are one of Europe's largest independent game developers working on great games, including some of the top franchises in the world, for top publishers and on a range of formats covering Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC, and VR.
We have studios in Oxford, Liverpool and Warwick in the United Kingdom, and also publish the legendary 2000AD comic featuring Judge Dredd, Rogue Trooper, Strontium Dog, ABC Warriors and many more characters.
- Holidays: 25 days paid annual leave plus all bank holidays (33 days total)
- Hours: flexible start and finish times
- Pension: contributory pension scheme where company matches 3%, salary sacrifice so saves on tax & NI
- Cycle Scheme: spread bike payments over 12 months, salary sacrifice so saves on tax & NI
- Eye Test Vouchers: free eye tests and additional discounts on glasses/contact lenses
- Introduction Bonus: £2k or more for internal staff referrals that lead to hires
- Free Stuff: Rebellion Steam titles, GDC Vault access, Autodesk home licence for 3D artists (for personal use only, we actively discourage working from home!), digital 2000AD/Solaris/Abaddon/Ravenstone copies, game and film library
- Discounts: 50% off most 2000AD merchandise, discounted membership at The Athlete Centre gym 200 metres from Oxford studio
- Culture: friendly, creative and relaxed working atmosphere, with sensibly managed projects and recognition of the importance of work-life balance
- Social: annual company events (Summer BBQ & Christmas Party), various ad-hoc events and out-of-hours social groups such as photography, board games, football, baking, etc
- Didcot Location: Close to Oxford and Reading. Easily commutable by car and train.