Visual Effects Artist (VFX Artist)
We're currently looking for a Visual Effects Artist who can set a high bar for quality, consistency and performance of visual effects in all of our products from mobile first applications to AAA PC games. The ideal candidate is familiar with industry standard, real-time FX tools, understands performance budgets, creates a wide variety of FX styles, is a skilled communicator and loves taking ownership on projects. Applicants should submit a resume and current portfolio of work. Qualified applicants may be expected to complete a small art test.
- Collaborate with our Art Director, Game Designers, Software engineers and Product Managers to shape ideas, style and quality
- Create and animate visual effects for design, aesthetic, and technical requirements
- Work with Project Management to maintain clear and consistent goals
- Incorporate internal and user feedback to iterate on visual effects
Skills & Requirements
- 3+ years of experience creating and animating real-time visual effects
- Expert understanding of Maya or equivalent visual effects packages, competent working with joints and locators, keyframing, and rigid/soft body simulations
- Advanced understanding of real-time shading networks such as those used in Unreal/Unity
- Experience using Unreal (including Cascade/Niagra, Material Editor, Blueprints)
- Experience animating both in 3D and 2D
- Experience working in an iterative, agile environment
- Excited to improve visual skills, learn new techniques and applicable technology.
- Self-directed, receptive to critique and feedback
- Enjoys playing a wide variety of games.
- Other 3D asset creation experience
- Understanding of traditional art principles including composition, design, and color theory
- Experience working on photorealistic and highly stylized projects
- Shader programming (not at all required)
- Experience with incorporating user testing
- Game development experience.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
To be officially considered for this position please apply directly here.
About the Company
Proletariat Inc. was founded in 2012 by a group of game-industry veterans from Harmonix, Turbine, and Insomniac who were hell-bent on pushing the boundaries of multiplayer games while demanding a level of quality unheard of for a small studio.
Our first major title, World Zombination, debuted in early 2015 as a coveted “Editor’s Choice” on the iOS App Store. On its way to attracting 4+ million players across the world, it went on to be named to Apple’s “Best of 2015” list and developed a reputation for AAA quality and depth to the mobile MMO landscape.
Today, we continue to work toward our studio's mission to deliver groundbreaking multiplayer titles focused on outstanding audience-first experiences. Our next AAA-quality game built on these principles is the currently in-development Spellbreak, a battle royale RPG with epic spellcasting that is now in Closed Alpha.