Kuala Lumpur , Wilayah Persekutuan , Malaysia
Job type: Permanent
As the Senior Japanese Interpreter, you will be working closely with the Art and Production teams and will be responsible for listening to, understanding, and translating spoken or written statements from Japanese to English and from English to Japanese. The Senior Japanese Interpreter will be expected to communicate professionally to our Japanese clients with minimal guidance and be able to translate technical language from Japanese to English or English to Japanese. On top of their interpretation duties a Senior Japanese Interpreter will be expected to be able to guide and teach other Japanese Interpreters.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Establish and maintain a high quality of translation and interpretation among the Japanese Interpreters.
• Creating, recommending, or running training programs for the interpreters.
• Translates and supervise the translation of technical documents, briefs, client feedback, and other documents from Japanese to English.
• Assist the Art and Production teams in communicating with our Japanese clients in writing.
• Act as an interpreter during the participation in meetings with our Japanese clients.
• Responsible for documenting conversations and discussions with the clients when necessary.
• Maintains knowledge of our production pipeline and our project management tool.
• Maintains the understanding and knowledge of network between the company and our clients.
• Assist in maintaining/building a good relationship with the clients.
• Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
• At least 2 years of experience in Japanese to English and English to Japanese translation and interpretation in any industry.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Excellent listening skills.
• Highly proficient in spoken and written English and Japanese.
• Ability to produce quick and concise translations that meet the demands of our company.
• Ability to pick up on nuances in communication.
• Strong understanding of Japanese culture.
• Strong mentorship and interpersonal skills.
• MS Office Suite experience.
• Prior experience in game or AutoCAD related industry.
• Prior experience in leading a team.
• Knowledge of the Chinese language is a plus.
Streamline is an award winning creative development firm specializing in global production services. We have become the go-to studio for game developers, advertising agencies and filmmakers requiring the highest level of creative and technical skill. We have been featured in productions that grossed more than $4 billion worldwide, including, Bioshock Infinite, Avatar and James Bond.
DEDICATED TO THE CRAFT
We are constantly challenging the ability of our studio, people and technology to ensure we’re at the top of our game. We strive to be the best.
We are inventing new processes and solutions to produce content and games faster. Our production management pipeline, Streamframe was so good that it spun out as its own business venture.
We are a diverse and multicultural team comprised of veteran games industry talent and ambitious, youthful creative talent. Together we make impossible, possible.