Senior Environment Artist (Unannounced Project)
Hi-Rez Studios is looking to hire an innovative Environment Artist to work at our studio in Alpharetta, Georgia, on an unannounced project.
At Hi-Rez, you will have an opportunity to be part of an innovative environment that embraces new and different ideas. We are a passionate and enthusiastic bunch who love video games. We have incredibly talented individuals who are empowered to create and challenged to learn. All of this means more opportunities for you to unleash your creativity and dedication.
Come join the creator of the critically acclaimed SMITE, Paladins, Tribes: Ascend, and Global Agenda as we embark on exciting new game projects!
Who we are looking for:
- Create realistic low and high poly model for the game environment.
- Create clean low poly models within the triangle count budget.
- Create optimized UV layouts for texturing and lightmap UV.
- Create textures that meet the visual style and quality bar.
- Generate different material types which adhere to instruction count budget while still pushing the visuals on assets created.
- Work with Environment Art Lead & Team in technical/aesthetic problem-solving efforts.
- Strong technical ability to manage assets to fit memory, design, and frame rate limits
Skills & Requirements
Preferred candidates have:
- 5+ years industry experience with at least 1 shipped title in Unreal focusing on realism.
- Experience creating realistic low and high poly environment assets for first or third person shooters.
- Expert knowledge of UV layouts for texturing and lightmaps.
- Expert knowledge of normal map making techniques for environment assets.
- Experience creating textures and materials in a PBR environment.
- Solid understanding of how materials work and creating materials for optimal performance.
- Will collaborate with Environment Art Lead & Team in technical/aesthetic problem-solving efforts.
- Strong technical ability to manage assets to fit memory, design, and frame rate limits.
- Strong understanding of modular environments and runtime limitations.
- The ability to make aesthetically pleasing environment art that shows an understanding of real world scale.
- Demonstrates a knowledge of basic art fundamentals (composition, color theory, value, form, scale, shape language, silhouette and relationships.)
Even better candidates have:
- Experience with industry standard applications: Zbrush, Maya/Max/Modo, Photoshop, Substance Painter and Substance Designer.
- Ability to embellish concepts with technical constraints in mind while maintaining overall aesthetic.
- Expertise in development & implementation of lighting systems in UE4 and post-process effects.
- Comfortable prototyping and working with the iterative development process.
- Comfortable receiving constructive group criticism and making artistic adjustments to meet performance guidelines.
- Excellent work ethic, self-motivated, organized, and able to meet deadlines.A passion for creating and playing video games.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
About the Company
“Free To Play.” It’s like a four-letter word to gamers – and for good reason. Who wants to get nickle-and-dimed? Who wants to play a game where the “better player” is the one with the bigger pocketbook?
At Hi-Rez Studios, we know there’s a better way. We make Free to Play games that our fans Want to Play. More important, we make Free to Play games that we want to play.
It’s a crazy idea, when you think about it. Giving away games that we spend millions of dollars developing, with the hope that people like them enough to buy costumes. But when you love your games like we do, players can feel it. And they start to love our games too.
We’re proud of the fanbases that have formed around our games. We believe that great games come from great communities – and ours are some of the best.