Principal Character Artist
Due to continued growth we have an amazing opportunity to join the expanding team at nDreams and work on stunning, exciting new VR titles. We are looking for two experienced and highly talented Principal Character Artists to lead the direction of character art here at nDreams
What Will You Be Doing?
- Manage and develop the Character Team at nDreams.
- Responsible for Character Art on multiple VR titles.
- Work with the Art Director, Concept Artists and Project teams to take designs from 2D to game ready assets in Unreal.
Skills & Requirements
- A talented and ambitious Principal Character Artist with a passion for VR gaming.
- Minimum of 5 years game development experience and at least 1 published title as a Principal/Lead Character Artist.
- Excellence in Zbrush, Maya and PBR material creation.
- Demonstrates a deep understanding of console and VR workflows and capabilities.
- A team player with strong communication skills who instinctively works across disciplines to deliver character content on multiple VR titles/platforms.
- Highly effective communicator and character team manager.
- Recommended or highly advantageous to have experience in, or the aptitude and willing to learn, animation rigging tools and processes
How to Apply
We are looking to fill permanent and fixed term contracts, remote working for an initial period then transitioning onsite to our modern studio based in Farnborough, UK, within easy commuting distance from London and Guildford. Salary is competitive and dependent on your experience.
If you think this could be the role for you, we’d love you to get in touch! Drop us your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Company
We are nDreams, an award-winning independent developer and publisher, delivering world-leading interactive VR experiences. Our new VR projects are a leap forward for the studio and we are looking for talented people to help turn them into a reality.
We’ve just launched our latest title Phantom: Covert Ops, a stealth action game redefined for virtual reality, and we couldn’t be more proud of what the team have achieved. Once you’ve seen what we’re up to next, we’re convinced you’ll want to be involved…
Why Join nDreams?
The team at nDreams encourages an open, creative and diverse culture. As part of our growing studio you’ll be empowered to explore your ideas and put your own stamp on the titles you work on.
We offer some great perks, including flexible core hours, share options, 20 days holiday (increasing yearly to a maximum of 25 days), two duvet days, a day off to celebrate your birthday and various monthly socials (including Breakfast Butty Monday and Free Drink Friday)! Our welcoming, open plan office has some great facilities with a cycle station, showers and more all on site.