As a UI / UX Designer at 31st Union, you'll have a significant role in shaping the visual and user experience of the UI on our project. You'll collaborate with others in diverse disciplines from design, art, and engineering to help craft a rich and immersive interactive experience. You’ll work proactively with others in game design, engineering and art to solve issues that balances the needs of gameplay design and art direction. We love games that play well and also look great; our view is that well designed UI / UX positively contributes to a great overall game experience.
- Develop and shape the UI / UX in accordance with the project's game design philosophies and artistic directions
- Prioritize, plan, and organize UI output, working with development partners on how best to deliver and execute on the creative vision
- Concept, iterate, and produce assets throughout all stages of development from pre-viz to final game assets
- Mock-up UX wireframes, collaborating effectively with game design and art, to visually represent game design intentions with a quality visual aesthetic
- Identify and implement best practices, work-flows and pipelines
- Improve on personal and professional knowledge
- Learn new tools and processes that help to elevate the quality of the UI / UX experience
Skills & Requirements
- Strong UI abilities that demonstrates a strong grasp and understanding of the needs of UI in an interactive game experience
- Strong traditional art experience with the ability to create assets from sketches and all the way to final game art
- Excellent graphic design skills (e.g. Design, layout and typography)
- Awareness of current trends in visual communication and how best to adapt those trends into an interactive game experience
- Good understanding of Motion Graphics
- Ability to work with industry standard 2D graphics applications (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects etc.)
- Experience working in game engines (e.g. UNREAL, Unity, and other propriety or commercial engines), design tool-sets and production pipelines
- Ability to leverage 3D applications (e.g. Maya, 3DS Max etc.)
- A passion for games!
- Perforce and Jira experience
- Working remotely is an option
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
About the Company
We are a team of developers with a uniting passion for crafting highly engaging entertainment with a commitment to putting fans first. Our core values are our North Star ever reminding us who we intend to be and what we strive to create. Our studio culture is built on the belief that the more varied voices in our collective story the stronger our team and our game will be. We are an association of diverse game makers driven by a passion for our art and inspired by a culture of inclusivity to build games that thrill players everywhere.
Our Rallying Cry: Bring fun, inspiration and awe to our lives and to our community.
THRIVE ON TRUST
- We are inspired to do our best work because we are safe to take risks in an environment built on sincerity and respect.
CHASE THE HORIZON
- We believe the next great inspiration is just over the next peak; we push ourselves and each other to find it. We are all active in bringing innovation to life.
- Our strength is in our collective experiences and we stand proudly for representation and inclusion.
LIVE YOUR DREAMS
- We are driven with a passion to reach our fullest potential. Personal growth is an enduring priority for all of us.
We don’t polish stones. We deliver brilliance. This devotion shines through in ways that raise the bar for all of us, and the experiences we bring to players everywhere.