Senior Tech Artist
Visual Concepts is one of the world’s top game development studios with a flat, entrepreneurial, and non-corporate work environment. We have a proven track record having shipped over 100 multi-SKU titles to great critical acclaim.
Our studio in Foothill Ranch, CA is committed to gaming and technical innovation and offers top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
We are seeking a Senior Tech Artist to join our development efforts on an exciting new open world project! Within this role, you’ll contribute to the evolution of the art pipeline by developing a diverse set of technical tools and solutions.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of the art pipelines
- Design, build, and maintain scripts for the art team
- Develop and optimize real-time rigs for characters to be used in animation
- Troubleshoot problems and find appropriate solutions
- Assist the team in learning new technologies and processes
- Any other ad-hoc duties, if necessary
Skills & Requirements
- 2+ years’ experience as Technical Artist within the video game or film industry
- 2+ years’ experience within the video game industry
- Experience with Unreal Engine
- Excellent knowledge of real-time modeling techniques
- Excellent knowledge of Maya/3DS Max, Houdini, Substance Designer/Painter
- Detailed knowledge of the technical constraints of engines and the different game platforms
- Proficient rigging skills and knowledgeable around the problems of rigging and skinning inherent to video games
- Knowledge of asset management systems (Perforce, VSS, Alienbrain, etc.) – P4 preferred
- Knowledge of Python, MEL, or MAXScript
- Knowledge of a programming language (C++, C#, etc.)
- Self-directing and proactive with the desire to improve the environment around you
- Experience working with shaders and materials – super big plus!
- Experience developing on current-gen consoles
Along with your application, please submit a portfolio of professional or personal work samples, demonstrating successful understanding and application of industry standard practices.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
About the Company
Visual Concepts has been a driving force in the videogame industry for more than 30 years. We have made some of the coolest and most high profile games anywhere, across almost every conceivable hardware platform, and are dedicated to putting the consumer first through great technology, innovation and passion for true excellence in gaming. At studios located throughout California, China, South Korea, and Hungary we are always looking for the best and brightest to join our team. Check out our open positions. If you see something that sparks your interest and matches with your experience, we would love to hear from you.