Design Developer - React
This is a 40 hour work-week contract opportunity with our Game Studio client in Redmond, WA.
As a Design Developer your role is to facilitate creative ideas and translate them into innovative technological solutions. You will have a thorough grounding in user experience best practices and also have the ability to identify/analyze current and future UX technology trends. As a valued member of this Enterprise Group, your responsibilities will include creating, presenting and delivering exceptional technological design solutions that exceed business and user expectations.
You will work across a wide variety of technologies to help drive user experiences that are not only creative but grounded in best practices, valid UI, technical proof-of-concepts, robust software architecture & solid design theory. The ideal candidate will also be well versed in the ideation, visual design & creation of interfaces across multiple device end-points, as well as being a highly skilled software developer and prototyper who is passionate about creating engaging experiences.
As an ideal candidate, you will:
- Have skills in software programming and graphics
- Have creativity and imagination
- Have acute sensibilities to minute details
- Be adaptable and able to pick up new techniques/technologies
- Have good interpersonal and communication skills
- Keep up to date with advances in computer technology and how this affects the application environment
- Use Microsoft software products already and want to make them better
You need to have worked collaboratively with both Design and Development disciplines, to help integrate cutting-edge interface design within end products. You will know what it takes to technically converse with software development teams whilst also educating them on the importance and value of UX design.
Skills & Requirements
- You’ll be entrusted to craft technological solutions that help to drive the systematic UX design within the organization. You’re always hands-on and working with other designers, engineers and product managers. Your primary focus will be:
- Working alongside Visual and Interaction Designers to develop core patterns for the Design ecosystem
- Collaborate with Designers, Developers and PMs to translate designs into applicable code to run across multiple platforms
- Invent and contribute towards better tooling and/or processes to help improve integration of UX design patterns into product development
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in Fine Arts, Media Arts, Interaction Design or Software Engineering
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience designing interactive web and mobile applications
Expertise/Experience (must have):
- Proven experience with CSS3 and CSS pre-processors (e.g. SASS, LESS)
- Experience with TypeScript is a plus, but not required
- 3D (e.g. Unity or Three.js) experience is a plus, but not required
- XAML or C#/C++ experience is a plus, but not required
- Experience with git, automated build systems is nice to have
- Proven experience with touchscreen, cross-browser compatibility, fluid layouts, and adaptive layouts
- Fluency in the principles of user-centered design methods, information architecture, usability, interface/interaction design, and inclusive design
- A broad portfolio of dev work demonstrating expertise in at least 2 major areas of UX design
- A strong knowledge of the various software options used in the field for design and rapid prototyping (like Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, Sketch)
- A firm grasp of the wide range of UX tools, processes, and outcomes
- User focused & humble
- Passionate & honest
- Fast & decisive
- Excellent organizational, time management, and multi-tasking capabilities
- Self-motivated and willing to expand knowledge
- Ability to self-manage while managing multiple projects
- Capability to work on simultaneous projects and meet tight deadlines
- Aware and respectful of other cross-functional disciplines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills demonstrated through a comfortability in presenting work and actively gathering feedback
- An enthusiasm for keeping up to date on current topics in the field to inspire and inform work and organizational culture
- Love challenging norms and standards
- Extreme attention to detail, driving for pixel perfection
- Good sense of humor
How to Apply
Please send me your resume/portfolio link and the best time and number to chat!
**Must be eligible to work in the U.S. and sit on-site at our client in Redmond, WA**
About the Company
We are a global organization specialized in HR staffing. We have a specialized team focused on creative and game studios in the Seattle area.
We’ll find you your best fit. Let’s start looking for your dream job!