CD PROJEKT RED is currently looking for a talented Lighting Artist. The person on this position will be responsible for establishing and ensuring a consistent atmosphere of the in-game environments through the use of lighting and shading.
DAILY RESPONSIBILITIES IN A NUTSHELL
- Creating dramatic and compelling lighting which supports photorealistic rendering.
- Deconstructing lighting and textures in a physically based renderer in order to establish appropriate colour correct values.
- Maintaining the artistic style and ensuring consistency with the visual style of the game.
- Collaborating and constructively communicating with Designers, Engineers and Technical Artists.
- Ensuring that all lighting deliverables are fully completed and in line with the production schedule.
Skills & Requirements
- At least 3 years of experience in the role of Lighting / Environment Artist in gaming industry.
- Good knowledge of lighting tools and pipelines.
- Good knowledge of direct and indirect light, luminance and color theory.
- Self-driven with a teamwork attitude.
- Fluent English
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Artists and designers should enclose a portfolio or link to an online portfolio to their application.
About the Company
WE OFFER YOU
- A chance to work in a passionate and creative environment among other experienced and talented cutscene artists.
- A modern and relaxed studio atmosphere.
- A chance to work in a booming industry, within an international team.
- Private health care (Enel Med, Medicover or Lux Med).
- A free MultiSport card.
- 24/7 gym for CDPR employees with personal trainer on-site.
- 2 canteens, 5 fully equipped kitchens, fit vending machines and various foodtrucks.
- Fresh fruit twice a week for everyone in the office, a wide choice of tea, fancy coffee machines and 7 types of milk
- Free library with wide range of games and books.
- Many social activities and parties.
- From 20 to 26 days of paid vacation per year.
- A step by step assistance and ‘Relocation Package’ for foreigners willing to establish in Warsaw.
- Polish lessons for foreign employees.
Ambitious and independent, we made international big leagues with the globally acclaimed The Witcher series. Over 25 million copies sold and more than a 1000 awards garnered later, we still, and more than ever, believe in gamer-centric video game development and building an honest, bilateral connection with gamers.
Our mission is this: we want to deliver bleeding edge, mature role-playing games with a deep focus on storytelling, and we want to wrap them in an honest, good value for money package gamers find worth their hard earned cash. We’d love all games and gamers to be treated like that, and we’re working hard every day to make that happen.
We started our journey as a bunch of dreamers in 2002; there are over 450 of us now and we’re still growing and looking for people who can help us pack an even bigger punch. We’re headquartered in Warsaw, Poland, and we have offices in Cracow and Los Angeles. We’re stock exchange listed, but we never allow this to put any brakes on our creative momentum.