CD PROJEKT RED is looking for an exceptional, talented and experienced FX Artist to join our Cyberpunk 2077 team. The candidate for this position needs to demonstrate a deep understanding of the industry, have experience with real-time visual effects as well as show interest in emerging trends in this field. As a FX Artist, you will be responsible for creating prominent visual effects in a timely and professional manner. You will be working closely with a small team to help refine the VFX pipeline and processes. We are looking both for seniors and specialists.
- Designing realistic simulations of FX assets for characters, environments, and gameplay.
- Providing creative and technical input on projects.
- Performing tasks within production schedules while maintaining the highest quality of work.
- Improving project quality and productivity.
- Working in partnership with other departments while creating and implementing FX assets.
Skills & Requirements
- 3+ years of experience in the gaming or movie industry (or demonstrated equivalent visual effects ability) is preferred.
- Experience with natural particle effects (fire, smoke, water, weather, etc.) and weapon VFX.
- Good Houdini Pyro or FumeFX knowledge.
- Good general knowledge of Maya (or 3ds Max).
- Experience in Photoshop and/or After Effects.
- Outstanding creativity and a very strong commitment to a project.
- Ability to adopt new techniques, tools, work environments.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Good attitude towards receiving feedback and exchanging knowledge.
- Ability to communicate in English.
- Avid and passionate gamer.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Artists and designers should enclose a demo-reel or link to an online portfolio to their application.
Please be informed that we reserve the right to contact only selected applicants. The hired individual will need to work in-house, in our studio based in Krakow, Poland.
Please include the following statement in your application: “I hereby consent to the processing of personal data in my application by CD PROJEKT S.A. with its registered seat in Warsaw for an ongoing recruiting process”.
Information on processing of your personal data
Your personal data controller is CD PROJEKT S.A. with its registered seat in Warsaw, Poland, ul. Jagiellońska 74, 03-301 Warszawa. Your personal data will be processed in particular to invite you to our recruitment process and to conduct the process, which includes negotiating conditions of employment. We respect your privacy rights i.e. the right to access, rectify and delete your data, limit its processing, transfer it, a right not to be a subject to automated decision-making, including profiling, and to object to the processing of your personal data (you will find more details about the processing of your personal data in this privacy notice).
About the Company
WE OFFER YOU
- A modern and relaxed studio atmosphere with cutting-edge technologies.
- A chance to work in an international environment in a booming industry.
- A competitive salary and project-based bonuses.
- Private healthcare.
- From 20 to to 26 days of paid vacation per year.
- An exciting chance to work on one of the most acclaimed role-playing games.
- A step by step assistance and ‘Relocation Package’ for foreigners willing to establish in Poland.
- Polish lessons for foreign employees.
Ambitious and independent, we made international big leagues with the globally acclaimed The Witcher series. Over 25 million copies sold and more than a 1000 awards garnered later, we still, and more than ever, believe in gamer-centric video game development and building an honest, bilateral connection with gamers. Our mission is this: we want to deliver bleeding edge, mature role-playing games with a deep focus on storytelling, and we want to wrap them in an honest, good value for money package gamers find worth their hard earned cash. We’d love all games and gamers to be treated like that, and we’re working hard every day to make that happen. We started our journey as a bunch of dreamers in 2002; there are over 500 of us now and we’re still growing and looking for people who can help us pack an even bigger punch. We’re headquartered in Warsaw, Poland, and we have offices in Cracow, Wroclaw and Los Angeles. We’re stock exchange listed, but we never allow this to put any brakes on our creative momentum.