Cinematic Artist - Total War
In the role of Cinematic Artist, you will create amazing trailers and cut-scenes for Total War.
You’ll form a key part of the Cinematics team and, working closely with brand and development teams, you’ll be responsible for taking assets from storyboard to final renders. You’ll also assist with a variety of motion graphics, 2D art and gameplay feature related tasks.
As part of the Cinematics team, you’ll be expected to work both independently or as a group on larger projects. You’ll create assets of varying sizes, from screenshots to character driven trailers.
You’ll work closely with our cinematic animators to help plan and execute shoots in our motion capture studio.
You’ll primarily be using our bespoke in-engine cinematic toolset to lay out scenes, animate cameras and set up lighting and VFX. You’ll need to work closely with our tools programmers to help develop features and functionality.
Skills & Requirements
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Experience with Adobe Premiere or other similar video editing software
- Experience using a graph editor for animation
- Excellent written English
- Excellent animation skills for motion graphics and cinematic cameras
- Understanding of principles of animation
- Good eye for scene composition and storytelling
- Photoshop and After Effects
- Other film related experience e.g. lighting, colour correction
- Motion Graphics
- Love of games (especially Total War)
- Formal art training
- Experience modding or with game engines e.g. Unreal Engine
- Filming, directing, sound recording and shoot-planning for traditional video
Note: Applications for this role must include a portfolio/showreel (or link to a portfolio/showreel). Applications that do not have this information will not be considered
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
About the Company
Creative Assembly is one of the UK's leading games development studios, founded in 1987 and located in West Sussex, UK and in Sofia, Bulgaria. With a heritage of award-winning AAA titles, including the multi-million selling Total War™ series, Creative Assembly continues to build an impressive portfolio of games and world-renowned partnerships; working with Games Workshop on Total War™: WARHAMMER®, Wargaming Alliance on Total War™: ARENA, Twentieth Century Fox on Alien: Isolation, plus 343 Industries and Microsoft on Halo Wars 2. Creative Assembly has, with their exceptionally talented team of over 500, amassed a wealth of awards, including recent accolades from BAFTA, Music+Sound and Develop’s Industry Excellence awards.