Senior 3D Artist
Note: This is not an entry-level position, please see the requirements below
What You’ll Be Doing with Us
- Creating organic models and medical tool assets in 3D
- Updating existing assets in current Level Ex games
- Developing new 3D assets for AR and VR projects
- Working daily in Unity 3D
- Developing creative artistic solutions while adhering to our brand guidelines
- Working with the Art Department to create production-ready files for use as renders and screenshots
- Working with the Product Director, Producers, UX, Medical Team, and other team members to achieve a cohesive style
- Working with Design to develop art for project proposals
- Use Unity Timeline, Cinemachine, and post-processing stacks to push the visual quality
Skills & Requirements
Who We Want To Meet
- Minimum of 4+ years related experience as a 3D artist with a great online portfolio demonstrating abilities
- Shipped at least 2 games (open to various platforms)
- Advanced experience working in Maya, Unity 3D, ZBrush, and Substance Painter
- Understanding of the principles of basic rigging
- Ability to manage time appropriately and meet agreed-upon deadlines
- Interest in learning new art techniques and working from medical references
Bonus Points For
- Knowledge of Substance Designer
- Knowledge of Houdini
- Experience creating for VR
- Familiarity with medical and anatomy concepts
How We Make You Happy
- Multiple health insurance plans with 100% company-paid premiums
- 401(k) with company-paid match
- Dental and vision insurance
- Pre-tax flex spending and commuter accounts
- Paid vacation, sick days and holidays
- River North loft workspace convenient to public transportation
- Unlimited cold brew and gourmet coffee, kombucha, Bevi sparkling water, and craft beer
- Full kitchen and food options including breakfast, and both healthy and comfort snacks
- Team after-hours events, like Board Game Night
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Please send us your resume including a link to your online portfolio and a cover letter using this direct link. We look forward to hearing from you and exploring the possibilities.
Level Ex is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
No Agencies or recruiters, please.
Candidates must be authorized to work and accept new employment in the U.S.
We are currently unable to accept resumes from foreign countries without a sponsored visa.
About the Company
Located in Chicago’s River North area, Level Ex’s fast-growing game studio is transforming the way surgeons hone their skills by practicing high-risk surgeries with the latest medical devices in our industry-leading mobile, AR, and VR titles. Here's a link to our latest SIGGRAPH Real-Time Live presentation that won 2nd place.
Our games are built using state-of-the-art graphics and physics tech, and deploy an arsenal of well-designed game mechanics to capture the thrill and challenge of performing real surgery. These games increase dramatically in difficulty as the player progresses, and are carefully crafted with professional level design, compulsion loops, flow channels, and deliberate gameplay balance. Backed by a mature art pipeline and latest-gen engine tech, we’re able to recreate surgery with spectacular realism.
Our engine has earned the trust of the country’s leading physicians; plus, we’ve custom-built GPU-based real-time fluids, tissue shading, and soft-body systems that enable a wide range of new game mechanics in mobile and VR. Our team unites award-winning game designers, developers, and artists with industry-leading surgeons, all passionate about using game design approaches to keep doctors across the world performing at the top of their game.