Stainless Games are looking for a lead artist to join our experienced team, creating compelling game visuals, assets and interfaces. The successful candidate will be working on high profile projects across multiple platforms.
We offer excellent conditions and a competitive package in a fun working environment.
- Work closely with stake holders to establish the games artistic vision and document any style guides or pipelines in support of that vision
- Provide leadership, direction and line management to the art team
- Responsible for the delivery of highest quality in game art
- Work closely with Production and other Leads to ensure best practices, set up efficient art pipelines and deliver effective optimal assets
- Effectively time manage yourself and those in your team
- Review assets to maintain consistent quality across all art elements within the game
- Develop platform-specific UI and HUDs
- Work closely with the game director to help add definition to look-and-feel styles for projects
Skills & Requirements
- Excellent knowledge of 3DS Max, Substance Painter and Photoshop
- Excellent knowledge of Unity and Unreal
- Strong portfolio of previously released titles demonstrating high quality art delivery
- Strong enough technical art knowledge to work with others to resolve art related issues on the project
- Passionate about art for games across a variety of styles
- Good eye for composition
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and organised
- Must have the right to work in the UK (applicants should confirm this in their application for consideration)
- Proven track record working on a variety of game genres
- Experience working across a number of platforms from mobile to VR
- Able to work in either stylized or realistic art styles
- Good traditional art skills
- Interest in vehicles, both real and concept
- Good knowledge of board games and CCGs
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Please apply for this job here, attaching your cover letter, CV and if possible, any link to examples of your work.
About the Company
Stainless Games is a UK videogame developer creating cutting-edge games on all main platforms. Best known as the creative force behind the multi-million selling Carmageddon franchise, as well as the developer for a decade's-worth of Magic: The Gathering 'Duels' titles, Stainless is an established force with a track record of delivering quality titles – Original IP and Work-for-Hire – on time, on spec and on budget.
Stainless is located on the South Coast of the UK, with published projects on Console, PC and Handheld/Mobile ranging from famous, classic arcade coin-op conversions through digital Collectible Card Games to full-on 3D action games.
Stainless’ use of both Unreal and Unity incorporating our own cross-platform technologies enables efficient, rapid prototyping and production of high-quality titles for all major platforms,
We offer a pleasant, fun working environment at our 50-strong studio on the Isle of Wight - two hours from London, with its unique combination of busy towns and 'get away from it all' remoteness.