Job Title: Character Artist
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: New York City
We are looking to hire a full-time Character Artist to join our team in New York Office. You will be a part of a dynamic team working on enhancement of Virtual Reality experiences in the fields of law enforcement, armed forces, emergency management, humanitarian and medical aid. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated problem solver and self-learner with the ability to work in a fast-paced work environment and with tight project deadlines.
Position Responsibilities and Job Duties:
- Work closely with the design team to conceptualize and model characters based on original art and photographic reference.
- Create realistic 3D model characters and props according to character sheet references and sketches.
- Create and refine textures and paint characters using Zbrush, substance painter or similar programs.
- Prepare the character to animation within Unreal Engine 4.
- Work within the game engine to preview optimize and polish models to a quality bar and visual direction as set by Lead Director.
- Become familiar with the new tools, performance capture hardware, software and other related technologies.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Fine Arts, Graphic Arts, or 3D Design or 2 years of related experience.
- Experience with Zbrush, 3D Studio Max, Maya/Max/ Photoshop, 3D Coat or Substance Painter.
- Knowledge of material creation, lighting & shading
- Working knowledge of UV’s, Skinning, and Rigging.
- Proven working experience in a full life cycle game in Unreal 4.
- Excellent understanding of anatomy, weight, and silhouette.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in a team.
Preferred Experience and Expertise:
- Working experience with VR headsets.
- Experience with level design is a plus.
- AAA game developing experience preferred, but not required.
- Game industry experience is a plus.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Skills & Requirements
UE4; 3D Studio Max or Maya; Photoshop and Substance Painter; Zbrush
How to Apply
If you are interested in joining our team and have the required experience, please email your resume with the salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Character Artist.
V-Armed Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer
About the Company
V-ARMED creates custom 3D VR simulations for large-scale training. Our life-like multiplayer scenarios enhance mission readiness and situational awareness for defense, law enforcement, first-responder and engineering teams.