Lighting Artist [Unannounced Project] (343)
Independently deliver the creation of in-game lighting effects and successfully integrate content, in respect of technical constraints and artistic direction.
- Produce high quality lighting solutions through any stage of the production process in respect of the project’s technical and artistic constraints;
- Suggest standard artistic references - in video games or in other artistic domains - in order to improve the visual aspect of the game;
- Plan, estimate and prioritise time frames for the completion of day to day tasks and track progress using the designated tracking tools;
- Communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders to confirm task direction and consistency of work;
- Implement and incorporate feedback from Art Director and Leads into work;
- Understand best practices, production pipelines and workflows;
- Work closely with the Art Director to achieve the desired lighting and mood required for the game;
- Collaborate with the Level Designers and Environment Artists to establish lighting and enhance gameplay;
- Optimise work and maintain balance between quality and performance;
- Reference game design documents to develop an understanding of the environments, objectives, atmospheres, story and style of the project;
- Support the Lead Artist in any ad hoc tasks and duties.
Skills & Requirements
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Good working knowledge of relevant 3D software (e.g. Maya, 3DS Max etc.);
- Exposure to industry game engines and production pipelines;
- Good working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop;
- Good working knowledge of particle driven effects and shader systems;
- Knowledge of lighting, atmospheric effects and subsequent systems;
- Knowledge of Physically Based Rendering and Linear workflows;
- Knowledge of colour grading and other post process effects;
- Familiarity with data management software (such as Perforce);
- Knowledge of workload management software/principles (e.g. Jira);
- Knowledge of the video game industry and awareness of typical video game development processes.
- 2 -3 years’ relevant experience in shading, texture special effects, image processing or other relevant experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in visual effects or other relevant training;
- Experience working within a photo realistic environment.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
About the Company
Based in Newcastle upon Tyne, Ubisoft Reflections is a lead studio with a 35-year heritage and known for technical innovation, creating immersive worlds and vehicle & driving technology. The studio has collaborated with creative teams from other Ubisoft studios from around the world to contribute to the creation of some of the industry’s most acclaimed AAA games, the most recent of which include Watch Dogs Legion, Tom Clancy’s The Division & The Division 2, Assassins Creed Syndicate, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands as well as ground-breaking in-house projects, such as the award-winning Grow Home and Grow Up series.