Technical Art Director
ABOUT FIREWALK STUDIOS
Our mission is to create industry-leading multiplayer games for players around the world. We are working on an unannounced and original next-generation AAA title.
Our studio is looking for a Technical Art Director who is incredibly passionate about games and bringing exceptional entertainment to millions of players. Our Technical Art Director is responsible for setting the bar for technical visual excellence in all our experiences.
WHO YOU ARE
- You are passionate about technical art. Your intense curiosity and imagination for bridging art & technology are ceaseless.
- You pride yourself in absorbing the artistic vision and using engine technology to make it the best it can be.
- You are a great communicator and you pride yourself on being able to work with many different disciplines.
- You love solving problems and enabling others to do their best work through technical solutions.
- You are committed to fostering an environment of continual learning for the entire team.
- You are world-class at turning artistic and design vision into extraordinary in-engine results.
- Inefficient workflows and pipelines deeply offend you and you work hard to streamline them. You find intense personal fulfillment in rooting out obstacles and replacing them with something fast and amazing.
- The latest in engine technology excites you and fills your mind with possibilities.
- You love making and playing video games.
WHAT YOUR DAY MIGHT LOOK LIKE
- Discussing the latest rendering advancements with the Art Director and how they may benefit our project.
- Directing work on a technical feature that will enable an amazing player experience.
- Getting your hands dirty working on tech art tasks directly to make sure work gets done to your quality bar.
- Meeting with members of the engineering team to discuss upcoming features and pipelines.
- Proposing elegant solutions to a challenging gameplay experience goal.
- Joining regular playtests to gain a deep understanding of the direction of the game and giving notes on your experience.
Skills & Requirements
- Programming and or scripting knowledge (Python, C#, C++ or similar).
- Shipped at least two successful AAA titles from start to finish, or equivalent game development experience.
- Experience with the Unreal 4 Engine.
- Experience with Shaders and Rendering Pipelines.
- Experience with Content Creation Pipelines (Maya, Max, Photoshop, Substance, etc.).
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
About the Company
We believe that a positive culture and a well-resourced environment will unlock every developer’s potential, transforming their imagination into exceptional player experiences. United in this belief, we are building a new paradigm for AAA game studios to inspire a healthier gaming industry for all.
We are growing at a planned rate. Our inclusive hiring approach and unique business model has attracted over 150 senior-level developers who have worked on dozens of blockbuster projects with over 60 major games, entertainment, and tech companies.
Our mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional interactive experiences. Our first two teams are Cauldron Studios™ and Firewalk Studios™, each developing their own inaugural AAA next-gen game franchise. Cauldron Studios is developing a narrative-driven adventure game and Firewalk Studios has a multiplayer game in progress. Our third studio, not yet named, is focusing on a next-gen co-op RPG game.
Creatives who join our Monster journey will have the opportunity to work on exciting, unannounced AAA titles alongside skilled, experienced senior talent in an atmosphere of mutual respect, mutual trust, accountability, and approachability.