Senior Environment Artist
Based in Guildford, Wargaming UK is looking for an exceptionally skilled Senior 3D Environment Artist to assist in the creation of worlds in the next big free-to-play PC title from Wargaming, the company that brought us World of Tanks and one of the strongest free-to-play PC game companies in the world.
In this role, you will help to inspire and create environments & gameplay assets for a new & exciting project aimed at a western audience. The perfect candidate will be passionate about hard surface & organic 3d art, highly conceptual, have a strong large-scale environment background, which includes modular construction, terrain, vegetation, lighting and optimisation.
The candidate will have to be a hardworking self-motivated team player who is able to work closely with the Lead Environment Artist and the Art Director to create & be responsible for large sections of the game.
They will need to possess excellent verbal and written skills and be able to both take critique and give feedback to external partners, participate in group discussions.
In this position you will be working within a multidisciplinary team of developers in a global community and will have the ability to both share your hard-earned knowledge and continue to develop your skill set by learning from your teammates.
We are looking for someone with a good sense of humor who can integrate themselves seamlessly into our team & studio culture.
We are looking for someone with a good sense of humor who can integrate themselves seamlessly into our team & studio culture, a solid singing voice, sweet dance moves, and an ability to pun will all stand you in good stead.
Applications without a portfolio will not be considered.
The Senior Environment Artist will report to the Art Director
Skills & Requirements
What will you do?
- Collaborate with the Art Leads, designers, programmers on object specifications and deliveries
- Translate concept and reference artwork into 3D game assets as required, setting a quality bar for other artists to follow
- Help design, construct, document and enforce pipeline procedures to deliver competitive, cutting edge assets. Prototype new techniques and approaches.
- Create high-poly and low-poly models and accompanying texture sets that use advanced shaders
What are we looking for?
- A great eye for detail, natural flair & a strong understanding of composition & colour theory.
- Significant Unreal 4 development experience with at least one released title
- 5+ years production art experience in the gaming industry with at least 1 year as a Senior Artist.
- At least 2 published games
- Excellent verbal and written skills, and be able to both take critique and give feedback internally and externally in a professional manner
- Proven ability to create high-poly and low-poly models and textures.
- Must have a strong understanding of PBR shader development and lighting.
- Solid knowledge of 3ds Max/Maya, Photoshop, Zbrush, and other 2D/3D applications.
- A higher understanding of form, shape, structure and silhouette.
- Diligence with individual and team tasks, adherence to schedule and budget.
- Organizational skills with a focus on optimization and asset management.
What additional skills will help you out?
- Understanding of architecture & structure.
- Traditional art skills (drawing, painting, sculpting, photography)
- Concept skills – Ability to visualize and concept environments and props
- Experience with Substance Designer and Painter
- BA in art or related field or equivalent experience.
- Samples of your work displaying clean High Poly to Low Poly bakes, strong understanding of material variation & photo realistic texturing.
- Ability to collaborate productively with others and embrace change.
- Passion for making and playing great games, with an awareness of current titles and industry trends.
How to Apply
To apply please follow this link: https://grnh.se/b28895bc1
About the Company
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Delivering legendary games since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO gaming industry with 4500+ employees and more than 20 offices globally. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming’s titles across all major gaming platforms, including the massively popular World of Tanks and World of Warships.
Working in our company means always having interesting challenges and gaining valuable experience while working with top-class experts.
Take your place among our passionate and experienced team and bring out the best in yourself at Wargaming!