Lighting Artist M/F
Ubisoft is looking for its Annecy Production Studio a Lighting Artist (M / F) to join a team in charge of developing an AAA game.
The incumbent will be responsible for creating high-quality lighting as well as placing lighting effects and some post-process & FXs directly in a state-of-the-art game editor.
The lighting specialist will create atmospheres and direct the player’s attention based on the artistic direction, gameplay/design/game narration, technological limitations and production deadlines.
Thanks to your lighting, you will transform unlighted gaming environments into compelling and seductive environments!
Your main missions will be:
- Follow the artistic direction in order to become familiar with the challenges that will impact game lighting and be able to propose atmosphere and lighting ideas;
- Design lighting systems that will support the atmosphere and gameplay effects and highlight the work of other working units;
- Verify the quality of the lighting once the elements are imported into the game and make any necessary improvements;
- In addition to light sources, set out the selected moods and atmospheres;
- Communicate with other trades (Level Artists, Level Designer) in order to ensure that their needs are properly taken into account;
- Have the artistic director and technical director validate the quality of the lighting and make any changes that are requested;
- Be the main contact of other Ubisoft production sites for technical lighting issues to look into the root causes of lighting issues, to solve lighting problems and enhance the quality of the product;
- Fix the lighting bugs entered by testers;
- Optimize the lighting effects to produce the best possible lighting, in keeping with the technical limitations of the engine;
- Carry out all other related tasks;
Skills & Requirements
Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in video games lighting or any other relevant fields;
The following additional experiences are a major asset:
- Experience in real-time lighting
- Creation of special effects, post processing-FX
- Experience in photography an asset;
Skills and Knowledge
- Extensive knowledge of lighting, color and image composition;
- Ability to accept feedback and adapt to change;
- Pay attention to detail;
- Originality and proactivity when setting out solutions;
- Knowledge of other video game production working units;
- Solid artistic knowledge of lighting techniques, realtime and pre-rendering
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Position available as soon as possible. Thanks to submit your CV, a cover letter as well as all personal / professional wok or Web site that may interest us for this position. Please apply directly on the followning link : https://jobs.smartrecruiters.com/Ubisoft2/743999688949086-lighting-artist-h-f
Desired references for your book: real-time realistic style objects.
At Ubisoft Annecy, we are looking for innovative and original minds that are challenging, and who want to build the future of the video game industry.
Position available as soon as possible in Annecy !
Please submit a CV and all personal/professional work or portfolio website.
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
All information will be treated as confidential in accordance with the Employment Equity Act.
Integrating the Ubisoft French studios also means:
- Join passionate and highly technical teams, all driven by the desire to design and develop innovative games and stand out for their quality
- Collaborate with teams recognized for their experience on renowned franchises
- Develop expertise by participating in in-house sharing events (talks, conferences, trade shows) and benefiting from tailor-made training programs
- Evolve in a leading French videogame company represented in 30 different countries, with opportunities for international development.
About the Company
At the heart of the Alps, with over 200,000 inhabitants, Annecy is a gorgeous town surrounded by mountains! Only 30 minutes by car from Geneva and just over an hour from Lyon, Annecy is a beautiful, vibrant town that has something to offer to everybody.
Perfectly located, Ubisoft Annecy was established in 1996, with Rayman® 2 The Great Escape for PS2 accounting for its first project. The studio developed its online and multiplayer expertise among different games, especially on the Tom Clancy’s SP franchise. The studio was then trusted to work and develop The Assassin’s Creed® brand multiplayer before setting the bar even higher on Assassin’s Creed® IV Black Flag®. Ubisoft Annecy collaborated on Assassin’s Creed® Unity and Assassin’s Creed® Syndicate while contributing to shipping The Crew®. More recently, the team collaborated with Massive Entertainment on the record-breaking new IP Tom Clancy’s The Division®. Simultaneously, the teams worked on Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon® Wildlands in association with Ubisoft Paris. For the first time in its lifetime, Ubisoft Annecy is leading its own project with Steep™, in collaboration with Ubisoft Kiev, Ubisoft Belgrade, Ubisoft Montpellier and Ubisoft Pune. Born in the mountains of the French Alps and created by a team of passionate riders, Steep™ is the first open world action sports game.
The game offers a breathtaking experience in the Alps, Alaska and freshly added Japan playgrounds through exhilarating sports such as ski, snowboard, wingsuit, paraglide and more. An ambitious live program is also core to Steep™, including DLC releases and a variety of community activations. The studio collaborated with the IOC and released the first major expansion, Road To The Olympics, which takes the player on a journey to the PyeongChang 2018 Olympic Winter Games in South Korea.
Ubisoft Annecy is also working with Massive entertainment on the freshly announced Tom Clancy’s The Division® 2.
You want to be part of the team ? Take a look to our job opportunities !