IO Interactive is currently seeking a talented Character Artist to join the family in our Copenhagen or Malmö studios!
As an integral part of the team, you will collaborate with directors, leads and other team members to achieve the creative vision of the project and strive for the highest standard of the industry.
At IOI we are not afraid to be ambitious, learn, inspire and support each other. You will get the freedom to do that and more, while being involved in all the stages of character design and implementation. You will be involved in the initial design of graphics and technical considerations of implementation, throughout the process until release and after. Your goal is to continuously set new levels for character graphics in our games, and push to the highest standard of the industry, together with your team.
What you will do:
- Collaborate with key team members in the creation of in-game characters.
- Produce character art, assemble the characters inside the game and lay out the technical in-game setup for them.
- Come with initiative and be proactive in setting benchmarks for character graphics quality.
- Work with multiple disciplines to ensure outstanding character art properly fitting the game design requirements.
- Work closely with technical animators using a mix of third party and proprietary tools to set up character art for optimal execution and display in our in-house game engine.
- Add the final touch and polish to already existing graphics.
- Support your lead and producer in the overall planning of the character art production.
- Deliver content on schedule and within technical limitations.
- Fix bugs and optimize game assets for required performance and compliance with specifications for various platforms
Skills & Requirements
Who you are:
- You are an accomplished Character Artist with track record in creating realistic and detailed characters for large game titles.
- You understand the technical limitations and requirements for in-game character art making.
- You have the ability to create impressive looking game character art and work solution-oriented.
- Experienced in one or more 3D applications (3ds Max, Maya)
- Experienced in one or more 3D sculpting applications (ZBrush, Mudbox)
- Experience with texturing tools (Photoshop).
- Strong understanding of anatomy and color.
- An eagle eye for detail.
- Self-motivated towards solving creative problems and technical challenges.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English.
We would love it if you had:
- Basic knowledge of rigging and skinning.
- Fine Art educational background.
- Experience with animation.
- Experience with Marvelous Designer and Substance Painter.
- Experience with outsourcing workflows or cross-site experience.
How to Apply
Please submit your application and résumé using our online form: Character Artist
About the Company
Who are we?
A family, above all. If you join our studio, expect to be encouraged, listened to and have your efforts and insightful impact recognized and valued. We take pride in the friendly haven we built at IOI, and we expect you to take part in cultivating that. We are also highly international, with 130 people and over 26 nationalities working in both our Copenhagen and Malmö studios.
We also have a reputation for being a very friendly workplace with highly talented people. That is why the members we welcome in our family never fail to integrate, and are supported, valued and listened to at all steps. We are dedicated to quality and have fun while doing it. We welcome you to join us and do the same.
We are here to deliver exciting best-in-class gaming experiences. We want our games to play and feel like the people who created them – unique and creative. It is our way of making sure that we will always deliver something interesting.
So we do a lot to foster a culture of brother- and sisterhood and we strive to be a collective of creative, productive people rather than a factory. You come to work at IO Interactive because you want to create top-of-the-line games and because you want to be part of a company that isn’t afraid of doing things differently.
Because you will be spending a substantial amount of your day here, we do as much as we can to make IOI feel like a second home. We meet for optional breakfast every morning, have communal lunches and even dinner on those occasionally long days where we need to meet an important deadline.
On Fridays we sometimes have our Friday bar – either planned as a big thing where we run around in the building with laser guns or other fun like that – or just spontaneously started somewhere in the building. Every now and then we have IOI days where we can dig into our pet projects or attend presentations from colleagues or external experts on everything game related. It’s all about getting creative, influenced and inspired.
The position is open in both our Copenhagen and Malmö studios. We welcome candidates from all over the world and we are looking forward to hearing from you!