Senior FX Artist
SENIOR FX ARTIST - 343 Industries (HALO)
343 Industries, the developers of Halo, is seeking a Senior FX Artist to join our team. We are looking for a Houdini specialist who is highly creative and enjoys effect challenges. Someone who wants to deliver an amazing Halo experience. A team player with strong communication skills that is able to work with all disciplines and leads. A self-driven Individual who is passionate about effects development. Be a part of a tightly knit team responsible for delivering high-end effects for future Halo games. Inspire gamers from around the world. Join 343 Industries and become part of the Halo legacy.
- Drive high quality effect development while exercising your creative freedom.
- Prototype effect ideas while striving to innovate the effect process.
- Communicate your ideas to the FX Lead, Art Director and other Leads.
- Work closely with environment artists, animators, designers, and engineers to produce an immersive game experience.
- Collaborate with other FX artists to share techniques, assets and ideas.
- Optimize effects to run efficiently within the game while maintaining high quality standards.
- Use the power of Houdini to create fluid dynamics, fracture and sim assets.
- Drive Houdini pipeline improvements.
Skills & Requirements
Required Knowledge, Experience and Skillset:
- 3+ years of professional experience within games, television or film.
- 2+ years of Houdini experience.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Please visit the Microsoft Careers website to apply:
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
About the Company
343 Industries has a single mission: Build incredible Halo experiences. 343 Industries is part of Microsoft Studios, and the steward of the Halo universe. We build the stories, the worlds, and the gameplay that make Halo such an iconic and innovative franchise.
Halo is one of the largest entertainment properties in the world. With over 65 million games sold, New York Times best-selling novels, action figures, apparel and much, much more, this multi-billion dollar franchise has revolutionized console gaming and established a rich and expansive universe for its devoted fans. This is your chance to contribute your passion and vision to one of the most exciting intellectual properties and on one of the most talented teams in the industry.